26. Past and Present

"Rain, this is my sister Ple" Som introduced his sister to his little frat brother., "I think you two will hit it off" he winked and walked away.

Ple looked like she wanted to die, "I am sorry" she stuttered, "My brother, well, being subtle is not his strong suit" Her face was flushed.  Rain was just as embarrassed by the directedness of Som, "Its ok" he assured her, "He means well".

The looked at each other and laughed, Ple was also a first year and studying business too.  They were in different groups and frat's lines so their paths had never crossed.  They grab their food and sat down for lunch and found that conversation flowed easy between them.  They pored the water on the table and laughed at Som's expense.  Rain found Ple easy going and they held a lot of the same interests.  

She mentioned that she did a bit of interning at Phayu's company, and was shocked to find out that Rain was in the mentoring programme there.  "Small world!" she said, "My dad and brother pushed me towards that type of business, I was going to move into comms but after working there, I like the fast flow of business development".  Rain smiled as he listened to her, there was something deep down about her that he could not put his finger on.   

They had to go back to class, Ple handed her phone over to Rain.  "Can I have your number?" she asked, "I think we can be friends" she said with a smile".

"Sure!" Rain agreed, he handed his phone over and watched as she typed in her number.  "If you and your friends don't have any plans, my group are having a party, your welcome to join!"

With a friendly wave, she ran off to her class. Rain smiled after her and got up to leave, when suddenly he felt dizzy and pain racked his head, he fell forward as the darkness overcame him. 

****Rains flashback 400 years ago *******

"Where is P'Phayu?" a frantic Rain asked

"This way!" a voice urged him, "Shhhhh!!!! Don't let them hear us" 

"What's happening?" Rain asked with tears in his eyes, "P'Phayu is in danger and so are you, run hurry - the madness has taken over!! - RUN"

An manic laugh echoed all around, "DIE!!"

**********Present******** 

"What happened to him?" whispered a voice

"I don't know he was getting up and then suddenly he was on the floor" another voice replied.

Rain's head hurt as he turned his head towards the voices, he slowly tried to open his eyes.  The wall's where white and the light was blinding as he tried to focus on the two figure by his bed.  

Sky turned his head and saw that Rain was waking up.

"Rain!!" Sky sounding so relived, as he bent over Rain, "How are you feeling?" he asked gently 

Rain looked at his friend, his head felt stuffy and something did not feel right.  His chest and tummy hurt, like he wanted to throw up.  He mouth felt dry and his voice was weak and sore.

"Sky" he whispered, Sky had to bend forward to hear Rain.  "Rain, what is it?" he asked.

"Help" was all Rain to murmur as he blacked out again.  Just then Phayu burst though the door.

"Where is he?" he shouted, his eye's fell on Rain and the colour drained from his face.  "No" he whispered. 

"P'Phayu" Sky was ready to burst into tears, "Something is really wrong, he could only say 'Help'".

Phayu picked Rain up and raced to the door, his boy felt un naturally hot and there was an odd smell to his breath.  Sky followed behind Phayu and looked after Rain in the back of the seat as Phayu raced to the hospital.

Once Rain was admitted, they sat outside and listened to the staff issuing orders.  Soon Pai and Saifah joined them as they waited on news of Rain.  Finally Rain was placed in a room and the doors presented their findings.

"Poison??" Phayu repeated in disbelief, his hand closed over Rains hand

"Yes" the doctor rubbed his head, "If you did not react as fast as you did we could have looking at serious organ failure or worse, death"

A shock wave went around the room.  "Who would do this to him" Sky cried and he turned into Pai's arms for comfort.

"This is getting out of hand" Saifah said grimly, "Phayu, we need to take it into consideration that Rain is being targeted"

"Why?" asked Sky looking between all three men, "Look my life long friend is lying there almost dead and you three are hiding things from me.  Now tell me what is going on or I am calling Rains parents"  Sky's face was flushed.

The three men looked at each other and then finally Pai signed.  "Sky, we don't know what this is about, but this is what we have put together so far.  Pai went on to explain the who situtuation, while sky's face got paler and paler.

"Going forward, Rain is not to leave my side" Phayu told the men, "I will tear the person apart who did this to him" 

Pai signed again, "Look, lets wait for Rain to wake up, we will explain everything and then move forward with a plan."

"Yeah, we got this" Saifah agreed, "We need to make sure we are all pulling in the same direction"

"P'Phayu?" Rain called his boyfriend weakly

"Rain!" Phayu was there comforting his little boy, "Shhh!, be still, no no no don't move".

Rain still wanted to sit up, he looked around in confusion at the people in the room.  

"Why am I here?" he asked, "What happened to me?"  

Phayu quietly explained again what happened to him.  "Who do you think would want to hurt you?" Pai asked him.  Rain just shook his head and looked at Phayu, who wrapped his arms around him.  They stated to discuss what they are going to do moving forward.

The problem was that someone was outside, listening to everything they were saying.  They angrily walked away.  They left the building and threw away their disguise in the bin.  They got in their car and smashed the steering wheel while screaming in rage.

"How is that little leech still breathing?!" They shouted as they drew there breath in sharply.  Their mind was swimming with the stuff they had over heard.  

A new more dangerous plan was forming, they were going to pull the weed out by the roots.