14. Understanding the past

Present day

Phayu woke up and smiled.  Rain was sleeping and had curled up facing his chest, he face was looking up.  His long lashes brushed his cheeks, his cute lips were slightly open and looked like they were begging to be kissed.  Phayu slowly lowered his head and placed light kisses to Rain's lips.  As his lifted his head, he saw that Rain's eyes were open.  They looked at each other in the morning light.  

A blush started to form on Rain's cheek as he saw the intensity in Phayu's eyes.  He had been awake before Phayu and had been studying his handsome face, he had missed being this close to Phayu, something in him wants to be with him but then their is another small voice that is scared to get close.  When saw that Phayu was waking up he had panicked and pretended to be asleep.  But when he felt the butterfly kisses from Phayu he could not pretend anymore.  Rain reached out to touch Phayu face, he touched his eyebrows, eyes, nose and lips.  Phayu turned his head to kiss Rain's fingers, never braking eye contact.

Rain could feel himself being drawn in, he looked at Phayu lips and back up at his eyes again.   His eyes darken with the memory of when they were last together.  Phayu lowered his head again and lightly ran his nose down Rain's jawline.  Rain ached his neck, he felt his breath quicken.  Phayu caught Rain's chin in his finger and slowly brought their lips together ...................

BANG....BANG....BANG!!! "come on get up! yelled Pai "Breakfast in 20 minutes!" 

Rain jumped out of Phayu arms, his eyes went wide.

"I will use bathroom first" said a red face Rain, as he raced to the bathroom to have a shower.  Phayu watched as an embarrassed Rain ran from the bed.  He then sat up and glared at the door.  Damn he was so close to having Rain in his arms again.  He will kill Pai for ruining the moment.  Frustrated Phayu flopped back down on the bed, he then smiled as he turned to look at Rain's side of the bed.  At least now he knew that Rain had some feelings towards him.  His face was like an open book, he could see that Rain had been turned on, that he wanted to be kissed.  At least it is something for him to build on, to move on from just being friends.

Hotel Restaurant 

"P'Pai" Sky questioned Pai in a low whisper, "Why did Phayu glare at you over the table?"  

Pai smiled,  "I kinda get the feeling I interrupted something" he whispered back.  Sky looked up in shock, he glanced back at the table with fresh eyes.  Rain was intently looking at his breakfast plate, while it seemed Phayu was trying to engage him in conversation.  "Rain is shy!" Sky realised, he made a note to ask him about it later.  

As the group finished their breakfast, the decided that they would have a walk around the told town, it seemed that their where some historical house that where open to the public and they believe they had located the one that Phayu former self used to live.  

As they walked around, Phayu was over come with the feeling that he had walked these streets before.  Pai also had the same feelings and, like Phayu, he seem to know on instinct which road to turn down on.   Pai decided to keep this to himself at the moment as his connection to the past life was not as strong as Phayu's.  But, still that, feeling of 'I have been here before', would not leave him.  Soon they arrived at the mansion.  

"This is it" Phayu cried out, It was exactly as he had versioned it in his dreams, from the oak doors to the red tiles.  This had been home!  

"Come on" He urged the others.  They hurried over and paid the admission fee. "Its still so beautiful" Phayu said.  "This was my home, our home".  He walked around knowing where everything was.  The others followed and listened to Phayu explain the layout.  "Oh! this part has changed", he sounded sad.  He saw the great hall and hurried them along.  Rain was lagging behind, no one seem to see that he was in a little bit of a trance himself.  No one heard his little comment of, "Oh, the garden is gone".  He realised that the group had moved on, he shook his head as if to clear it and hurried along.  

The four of them sat outside the hall and looked over the beauty of he mansion.  Phayu looked at Rain and smiled, "You know that in my dreams, this was where the marriage ceremony took place" he told him, Rain looked up in surprise "Really?" he asked. Phayu took his hand and continued, "There is were we walked the traditional Khan Maak Procession" Phayu pointed to the main gate.  "And here is were we made merit to the monk, we bowed to our elders, our ancestors and dunk the wine" Phayu smiled.

Pai and Sky was looking at interest at him, it seemed to them both that Phayu was remembering a memory rather than a dream.  "You looked so beautiful in white and gold. But my favourite part was the Sai Monkhon ritual" he smiled at Rain, "because that symbolised our union".  

"They have a history talk later, lets stay for that and see if anything matches with Phayu version" Sky said as he made himself busy with the tour guide.  They all agreed and attended the talk, one story about mansion struck them all as familiar, "The Unwilling Brides" was a brief so Phayu approached the guild and asked for more details.  

"Oh, if your really interested in the full history of this" the guild explained "Their is a local historian that is doing a more detail talk on this era.  You can booked the tickets over there" He pointed to a small booth.

They returned to the hotel after buying the tickets and had dinner.  Once again, later that evening they returned to the mansion and discovered that the court yard was filled with candles.  It gave the people in attendance a magical feel.

"So, lets being the story of "the unwilling brides" the old historian settled down to tell a story woven in facts and fantasy.  "It all began with a marriage business deal was drawn up between four families ....................................." he began