Part 18

Mani. 

             I was extra excited. Today was the day I would finally have my first visitation day with my baby. I missed him so much, and even though I was grateful to be able to see him, I wanted him back home with me. I started on my hygiene; of course, then I put my hair into a cute messy bun. I put on these baggy black sweatpants and this too-big all-white t-shirt with Luffy and Ace. I grabbed my all-black 13s and slid my feet into them. I tied my shoes, grabbed my purse, and headed out. I opted out of eating breakfast at home because I wanted to get to the mall food; I couldn't wait.

            I was happy Lynn asked me to go to the mall. It's crazy that they both ended up on the same day. I wasn't trippin though Lynn knew I couldn't stay long. There were so many things I wanted to get for Prince. I wanted to buy him more clothes, shoes, and toys, and today was perfect for that.

         I got to the mall ten minutes before it opened. I couldn't believe how packed it already was. I'm so dumb. I thought people would barely be here this early. I was not fond of crowds but didn't want to reject Lynn's invitation.

           My phone started ringing. I grabbed it off of my lap and looked at the caller ID, and it was Lynn. I picked up and said hello.

Yea, Mani, "where are you at? Lynn inquired."

         I'm just sitting in the mall parking lot, waiting for it to open. Okay, "I'm pulling into the parking lot now," she said. They have a parking spot next to me; I said while opening my car door, where you at? I exited the car and stood in the parking spot next to mine so no one else could park there. I know it was selfish, but it was better for us to park beside each other. I saw Lynn's car and started waving my hand to get her attention. "Can you see me," I asked? Yes, she replied. Okay, I hung up the phone and then got out of her way so she could park.

Hey, cousin, she said after getting out of the car. Hey, "We have one minute until the mall opens.

"Girl, I can't believe it's this packed she said, shaking her head." I said neither can I, and I'm not too fond of crowds like that.

"What I didn't know, we can leave if you want to, she stated." It would be best if you weren't uncomfortable.

Nah, we're here already, and I want to get some stuff for my son, so I will suck it up.

Cool, and if it's too much for you, let me know, then we can leave,' she said.

"Okay," I replied. I ain't going to lie; I was very appreciative to Lynn for understanding instead of judging me. The minute had passed, and now the mall was officially open.

                    We had to walk through Macy's to the mall's center, where all the stores were. The first store we came to was Salis Boutique. "Come on, Mani, let's go in there," Lynn said. We walked into the boutique and walked straight to the plus-size section. They had some jeans, pants, and shirts I was already eyeing. Lynn was picking up everything. She had at least ten hangers of clothing folded over her arm. Lynn was now looking at some dresses on the rack when she called out to me. Mani, "Come here she said," waving for me to go in her direction. "Girl, this dress would be so bomb on you," she said, holding the dress up to my body. It was an ankle-length, black maxi dress. It had a deep v and looked like it would be tight and snug. I was silent for a minute because I didn't know how to tell her that dresses weren't my thing.

Hey, are you alright she said.

          She dropped the dress to the ground because her hands were too full. Yea I said, Picking the dress up, but my shape will not look good in that dress.