Part 4

Omani

                                              I'm so mad that my mother is going along with all this. I'm so mad with him, I couldn't believe he would do that to me. How can he move me in with a stranger I don't know. "Mani fix your damn face you're gonna understand it all when we arrive.

                                  I wont ever understand this. What did I do to deserve this because I had a baby y'all decide to send us away? Stop acting like a damn child, Omani. Stop treating me like one, I mumbled. You got yourself into this situation and your father had to fix it. There she go again using my father talking points. We pulled up to this big house that was surrounded by gates. It looked like a fortress, she said my baby is here so I couldn't jump out the car and run away like I wanted to.

                                  When we pulled up I was amazed at the beautiful cars that were in the driveway since there were so many. She put the car in park. I got out and got my suitcase out the trunk with the rest of my belonging. Look Mani we love you we do, and we think this is best. "No he think its best," I mumbled.

                                My mother knock on the door and in a couple minutes and beautiful woman opened it. She was dark skinned with this huge curly fro, she had a thin figure and was a bit taller than me. She looked like royalty like someone I was never suppose to me. I mean my family have money to but not this type of money.

                               She looked at me with her lip booted up and you can tell she didn't like the way I look. I had on a all black t-shirt that hung to my knees and some baggy blue jeans. I was still walking a little slow sore because I wasn't healed yet.

                             Come in was all she said. We got into the house, I heard him crying, and I smiled. Forgetting where I'm at, I left my suitcase at the door and followed his voice to the living room. I was so focused on him I didn't see the people that were sitting around.

                         I picked him up from out of his seat. I started rocking him from side to side clinging to his small frame, its okay mommies here. He stop crying instantly, he knew exactly who I was. I checked his diaper and it wasn't wet, so I figured he was hungry. The beautiful woman who opened the door walked up to me with a warm bottle of breast milk my parents must of stole out of the fridge.

                           Thanks, I said so low she barely could her. Its okay prince your food is here. I said putting my nose on his, he cooed and started to eat. I finally looked around and saw my dad, and two other men. The other men look at me  up and down and you could tell they didn't approve of what saw. Sit down and feed him Omani we have a lot to talk about my father said waving his hand motioning for me to sit.

                           The women screaming through me off, ROME COME DOWN! She sounded really irritated when she called out to him. He jogged down the stairs  and I only got a glimpse of his back, but then he turned around. It was him prince's father, I fantasize about that face everyday. I dream of that face every night. He looked exactly the same as I had remembered.

                           You gotta be fucking kidding me Rome said finally speaking up. ",I really cant believe this shit," 'he said angry in the same tone he used with me at the bar. His fist tightened and his jaw clenched and I was really scared. My mind was going a mile a minute how did my dad find him? I didn't even have his first name. I didn't know anything about this man and my dad found him. I had so many questions I wanted to ask.

                            So Omani, my dad spoke up. Long story short. Your living with him from now on. He will take care of you and prince, It his job to do so. After the wedding--- wait wedding, I said interrupting my dad. Yes, Mani wedding keep up. Dad look can I talk please I said in my soft low tone. Talk, he replied.

                          Dad I know you mad, I do but aren't you going to far? I get I got pregnant and I'm a disgrace but this is to much. Why would I marry someone I don't know. You just couldn't let me be happy with prince. If you didn't want me to live with you and mom, I could of stayed at my own place. Prince would of been good with or without these people. I had no problem keeping him to myself, 'I said while patting prince back so he could burp. I'm 27 I am grown. I'm not marring no stranger. So please stop all this lets just go.                      

                     I never spoke back to my father before. Growing up I understood that his word was law, and it was his way or no way at all.  Now I will speak freely he replied, you know why I have to do this. Because I have a desperate whore of a daughter who had sex with some random ass stranger at a bar and got pregnant. Then when asked to abort the baby she said no. So, what else could I do other than finding the fool that got you pregnant . You right your grown, but try me and see what happens. I don't care how old you are. You will always be MY child. So just fuckin try me.

                             My eyes got a little moist.  Here's what gonna happen, you gonna live with him and get married and that's that. Don't ever question me when you're the one who made the mistake. You are always welcomed home no matter what, but you will marry him weather you like it or not. He stood up, walked towards the hallway to the exit,  looked back at the Johnson's and said she is a sweet girl and she wont give y'all any trouble. No matter what happens this deal will stay in effect, and if anyone breaks this deal they will have hell to pay.

Thoughts?

Do you think her father actions were wrong?