Part 22

Mani

                          I was feeling all sorts of ways about the events that has transpired. I was in the hospital waiting area outside the surgery door waiting for Rome's surgery to be complete. The bullet went into his thigh, so he had to get surgery to remove it. I didn't know whether to call my in-laws or not so I decided against it. Dre came running down the hall up to me. Mani tell me what the fuck happened he said. I told him everything that happened in addition to the end.

Fb

-------

While Dro was shooting the second shot Brittany ran up to him and forcefully pushed his arm. Stop Dad she said, you gonna kill him! What are you gonna do when his dad finds out?

Look, Brittany imma always choose my blood, and you're my blood. He even playing with my money brit so fuck him. Why are you stopping me is the question, Dro said. He even protected this bitch, but you worried about him? Just Look at him laying there knocked out, ole bitch ass nigga, Dro said while walking back towards Rome. He started brutally kicking Rome in the side of his stomach.

Please stop it I screamed trying to direct his attention off of Rome and onto me.

Bitch shut up, he yelled. Bitch ass nigga Talking all that big dog shit now look at em.

Brittany ran up to her father and started pulling his arm. Dad stop please what are you gonna do when Mr. Kev finds out? If that nigga can't understand why I did this then we no longer need to be friends, he stated. I told yo ass not to fuck with niggas that are in the game for this very reason here. Now you have fucked up everything. I have to deal with this shit on top of dealing with your brother's disappearance so you're the last one that needs to be lecturing about the choices I'm making. Dro turned back to me, you got luck on your side ya fat bitch. I will say this last thing though; make sure I never run across yo ass again cause next time I promise imma a bullet between your eyes. My body got chills because his tone told me that meant every word he said. Let's go Brittany he said.

After they walked out the door I immediately ran to my room to get my phone off of the charger called the ambulance and after that, I called Dre. Dre told me he would make a few calls to make sure Rome's care is in a doctor he trusts. And that was that.

-------

FB over

                       Rome's mother and father were jogging down the hallway. I rolled my eyes at Dre because we had to agree to keep this secret. Sorry, Mani, he mumbled. Rome's parents walked in my direction and to be honest I wasn't in the mood the deal with them at all. I don't know but in these few months I just wasn't giving a fuck about people lately. It's like since my son was gone my empathy was gone with him.

Mani, Rome's mother started to speak, I know we started on the wrong foot but how could you not tell us our son was brought to the emergency room?

Look ma don't start all that Dre spoke up. That's why she was afraid to call yall.

He's right Mayani, Rome's dad spoke up. It was sad but this was the first time I heard Rome moms name. I have never really even been around them enough to get their names. Wild as hell I thought.

Look, Mani, Rome's mother started speaking again. I'm not trying to start anything. Rome is my child the tears started streaming down her face. I feel the same way you felt about Prince. What if you weren't home when he was burned and no one told you or you had to find out by someone else?