Part 30

-Mani-

The loud sound of laughter woke me up. Lynn was watching videos on her phone in the bed next to mine. Good morning I said, sounding all drowsy. Good morning, you're finally up, huh? She pointed at the nightstand where my phone was and added, "Your phone has been blowing up all morning." Rome is probably pissed off with you. I yawned, extending my arms above my head. You asked me to stay with you to avoid Dre, and I know you would do it for me. Rome will have to understand. I got up and entered the bathroom. My stomach was grumbling, and I was ready to eat breakfast. While I was brushing my teeth, I dialed Rome's number.

Get cho ass back here now, he screamed through the phone, causing me to remove it from my ear. He didn't even give me the chance to say hello. You don't need to screa- his obnoxious ass hung up before I could finish. I rolled my eyes because he was doing too much. I tapped the phone emoji to look at the missed calls I had. B called me five times, which confused me because I had explicitly asked him not to contact me this week since I would be with Rome. When I called him back, I leaned back and gargled mouthwash while the phone rang. After the third ring, he said, "Hello." I spit the mouthwash out and rinsed it down the drain. Hey, I saw that you called.

"Yea, I miss you, Juicy. You make a nigga want to take that ride for you."

"Lawd, please don't I said while waiting for the running water to turn hot."

While he spoke, I worked the soap into the heated towel.

"You gone have to choose Mani," he said.

I was trying to figure out how to respond. "I'm married, B".

" I know, but how long do you expect me to share you with him?"

As soon as the hot, soapy towel landed on my face, I instantly woke up. Just give me some time to figure everything out.

"How much time, Mani, 'cause I can't wait forever."

Can we talk about this later? I need time to think. That's all I could say Since I didn't have an answer to his question.

We can talk about it later, but I'm calling when I want to so answer the phone. Fuck that nigga; you belong to me, iight.

" No iight," I replied. I don't need Rome finding out about this right now.

I don't give a fuck about what Rome finds out. You better answer when I call. "Imma chop it up with you later," he said. Then He hung up the phone. Lynn was grinning and shaking her head as I left the restroom. "You a bold bitch," she said. My thoughts disagreed, but I let out a slight giggle. The idea of what Rome might do if he found out terrified me. We gathered the few things we had since it was check-out time and headed back to their vacation home. When we pulled into the driveway, Dre and Rome was sitting on the porch waiting for us.

After parking the car, Rome walked inside. I could already tell he was pissed with me, but I couldn't leave my friend high and dry. I walked in, and Lynn followed closely behind me without acknowledging Dre. "You could have told me you were leaving," Rome said. "I called you multiple times, but you didn't pick up each time, so I assumed you were asleep." He gave me a frustrated-looking glare. "You're right; I should have woken you up," I muttered. I approached him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He moved his head away from me, denying my morning kiss. I'm sorry, but my friend needed me. I'll let you know the next time. "Iight," he said. He blocked my mouth with his hand as I went to kiss him again. Uh uh uh, I don't know where yo mouth been at, that took me by surprise. We stood in an awkward silence for a moment before his laughing broke it. "I'm just fucking with you," he said. I took the deepest breath as I felt like my oxygen was getting caught in my throat. He leaned in and kissed me on the forehead.