Part 23

Mani

We were finally back home. Dre and Rome's dad was helping him in the house because he couldn't walk on his leg until it healed. They helped him to the couch and sat him there.

"You Good bruh, Dre asked him and Rome just gave him a nod.

"iight lets let him rest, then we gonna handle business. While Rome fucked up like this this yo time shine Dre.

My father-in-law didn't see it but you could tell him saying that put Rome in a disgusted mood. After talking for a few more minutes Dre and my father-in-law finally decided to leave. After they left I went into my room because I was sleepy as hell. I just lay in my bed and stare at the ceiling.

Mani, Rome called out to me. I was so tired I didn't even want to get up. I got up and walked into the living room to see what he want. "What Rome I'm tired. "Damn, that's how you treat the nigga that saved your life, he questioned." That made me feel bad but I figured now he was gonna hold that over my head. I just rolled my eyes. "Look we gone have to switch rooms," he said. I can't get up the stairs and your room is the only room down here.

"I'm not sleeping in that bed you were fucking that bitch in Rome, are you crazy?"

"That's not the only room up there Mani."

"I don't care yall could have fucked in every room up there."

" Well where imma sleep then, cause I'm not sleeping on no fucking couch.

"You're seriously testing my patience Rome," I said while rubbing my temples. Hear me clearly, IM NOT SLEEPING IN A BED YOU WAS FUCKING ANOTHER BITCH IN!

Well, I'm sleeping in your room cause IM NOT SLEEPING ON a FUCKIN COUCH!

You not sleeping in my bedroom; Why can't you just sleep on the couch?

"My leg and ribs already fucked up and now you want me to be cramped up on a couch, I'm not doing that.

Bye Rome, I went back into my room and lay down after locking my door. I felt bad for being mean after he saved me but unt unt he can't sleep in here. That ship had done sailed. I dozed off thinking bout the nerve this nigga had.

A loud thumping sound woke me out of my sleep. I heard a grunting sound which made me hop up since Rome came to mind. I ran to my bedroom door and unlocked it. When I opened the door he was laid out on the floor. He was in pain and showed all over his face. All I could do is shake my head at what I was seeing.

"What are you doing now Rome?

Bruh help me up, I tried but I just can't sleep in there.

I just gave in, I felt horrible that he hurt his leg after doc told him to stay off of it but his attitude was making me not care. I laid him in my bed and used one of my pillows to prop his leg up. I looked at my phone and it was 11 o clock at night. I had three private calls and Lynn called me like 10 times. I hurried and called her phone back and waited while it rang. Hello, she said on the other line and you could tell from her voice she was crying.

"What's wrong, I asked her."

"I'm tired of this shit, Mani."

I walked out of the room so Rome couldn't be all in our conversation. Since I noticed how now he was all ears. I walked into the kitchen, grabbed bottled water from the fridge and she started to talk.