Part 12

Mani

                                    My dad called a family meeting, he was acting as if he cared what I going through. He was the one that put me in this situation. I been at my parents place for a little over two weeks. I wont lie and act like I didn't like the peace but I also wont like and act like I didn't miss Rome. I was happy though, I finally let it go. All Rome was, was the father on my child nothing more nothing less .

                                 My mom cooked everyone dinner, she made red beans and rice, corn, fried chicken, and shrimp salad. I couldn't wait to dive in. Rome family finally started showing up first his mom and dad, then Dre, and then the boss himself Rome. Everyone said their Heys and Hi's then we walked into the dinning room. We all set down, said grace, and begin to pass the food around the table. Everyone begin to eat. We didn't make small talk and the atmosphere was very uncomfortable.

                              Once we all finished my mother and I gather the plates and placed them in the sink. She said "we will wash them once the meeting is over." We all gather in the living room, and my dad cut right to the chase and started to speak.

                            "The deal is off, I looked around the room and you could see the shocked expressions on some of their faces. Mani will come back to live with me If she needs the help. I see that it was very wrong for me to force her on your son, not thinking if he was already with someone or whatever he was going through in life."

                                  "I love my daughter way more than it seems and I dropped the ball on this one. I thought your son was gonna man up and at least try to become a family with her and his son. I get It now that wont happen so I won't force it. Let's cut ties here and never come across each other ever again. We are keeping Damarie, and if y'all even so much as think of going to court for custody its gonna be a problem. Your son is no man , real men they take care of their problem like men . Not like little boys catching a hissy fit and throwing temper tantrums. I want to give my daughter to a man not to some little boy that parades other women in her face cause he's mad. Mad that he didn't use protection and got her pregnant. Mad that I didn't want her to be another a statistic.

                                  Rome father cleared his throat." I'm confused, he said. You make them get married and now you think you gonna make them get a divorce. Well I don't agree we signed a contract for this very reason. Whatever is going on in their relationship we will stay out of it. They are grown and it's best that they figure this out on their own. You started this fucking game and imma finish it, she will stay with him until the end. What you have given me is a better gift than anyone has. I have the freedom to move weight across the country and wont get caught and if I do I have you to take care of it for me. This is final, oh and the contract is proof that you are willingly keeping my business up and running. So don't fuck with me cause there's two things I don't play about my family and my business.

                              My father stood up, then Rome father stood up. They walked up like they were gonna fight. Both of our moms stood up trying to talk them down. "Thanks for dinner we will be leaving now," Rome mom said. Let's just sleep on it. I walked them out the door and returned inside. I was happy my dad stood up for me. He fucked up big time but I get it, I finally understood. My phone chimed pulling me out my mental. I looked at my screen.

Get home now!

Rome was trippin, either he wanted me there or he didn't.

                                I didn't even reply and started helping my mother with the dishes. My mother started talking, look Mani your dad regrets a lot of his actions but he means well. Every time I talk to you, you tell me your fine and your actually not. You going through things that I have never went through in my life. Y'all don't have to divorce but you are always welcomed here. You don't have to go back to that house with her there if you don't really want to. Lets be real we knew y'all were not gonna get alone in the beginning but we thought y'all would grow to like one another. I guess we thought wrong.