Part 21

Rome

                                                Seeing Dro made me cautious. I just knew it was about to be some shit. I didn't know if I wanted to invite them in or not. Mani was unpredictable and could make things way worse than they are.

 "You not gone invite me in," Dro said taking me out of my thoughts.

"Yea, y'all can come in," I replied.

                                          I moved aside from the door and let them in. Brittany and Dro both sat on the couch. Mani was peeking from out of the kitchen. When we both caught eye contact, I gave her a look that let her know to stay her ass right where the fuck she was at. I looked in the direction of her room, signaling to her that she could also go to her room. She just stood in the kitchen, but I bet her ass was probably too scared to move.

"So what's up Dro," I said.

"What's good with you," he replied. "I think you know why I'm here," he said.

                                     "Iight so let's talk," I replied." He pulled a cigar out of his shirt pocket and the cutter for it. He clipped the end of the cigar then lit it up and started to smoke. I scrunched my face up because I ain't even smoke in my shit. So the nerve of this nigga, and I won't lie, that shit was getting to me.

                                       He started to talk. You know I think of you as my son. So I'm not understanding why you dated my daughter behind my back. He drew the smoke from the cigar and quickly exhaled to ensure he didn't inhale any of the smoke, then continued. Then to top that all off, you have my daughter playing as your damn mistress in your sham of a marriage. I mean, I get she is an adult too, but imma hold you responsible for this shit.

"Nah, dro, It wasn't like that," I said

                                    "Nigga don't talk while I'm talking," he shouted causing Brittany to flinch. Where the fuck is your manners he said. I was trying to keep calm outta respect, but I felt my body beginning to heat up. I was getting pissed.

                               Not only did you have her ass playing as your side woman. "You couldn't even protect her from your fat fake-ass wife," he said. You know we always had conversations about me wanting to keep my daughter out of my business because of all the drama it brings, so I guess I'm trying to fucking understand what gave you the right to put her in yours.-

Dro, bruh.

                                    Nigga cut me the fuck off again, he said. He pulled out his nine from the holster and placed it on the table. That shit made me infuriated this bitch ass nigga was threatening my life. It made me wanna kill him and Brit right here on the spot. But I got caught slippin' and I ain't have my shit on me.

                                           "Look at my daughter's face Rome," he said. I wasn't paying attention to Brittany but when I did get a look at her she looked completely different. Her eye was black but it wasn't swollen and she had a few small lumps on her forehead. Her lip was swollen and a deep cut went down the edge of her bottom lip. She had a couple of bruises on her body; you could tell because of the discoloration they left behind, and you could also see the semi-healed scratches on her face and body. Just seeing her alone let me know that Mani did beat her ass in that bathroom. I guess since Mani was Mani that was just very hard for me to believe.