𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈 ✿

First day of 7th grade______________________

______________________

I look through my closet looking for a decent outfit to wear tomorrow for the first day back. I sigh groaning at frustration looking at all the unfolded clothes on the ground.

My phone buzzes on my bed and I turn towards it seeing the name Kami on the screen. I smile and quickly press answer seeing my best friends face pop up on the screen.

"Hey- OMGGGGG!!!" I squeal seeing as my best friend waves around her freshly cut curly hair. It was shoulder length and her curls poofed up and down.

"You like?" She says running her fingers through the curls. I sit down on my pink fuzzy sheets sighing before nodding.

"You know watchu wearing tomorrow?" She says putting her phone down on her vanity. I shrug and fiddle with the pink fur on my sheets before plopping down into my pillows. I open one eye looking at my best friend through the camera.

"You think dustin will notice me this year?" I ask mumbling into the pillows. My best friend pauses before making a seriously face. "Girl you are finer than ever of course and if he doesn't oh well...there's plenty of other fish in the sea." She says giggling.

I smirk and hide my face in the pillows. Honestly I've had a crush on him since the 3rd grade.We were friends at first but when he found out I liked him he acted like it was cool but then acted like he didn't know me then became straight up rude. I swore i didn't like him after that but honestly I could never get over my crush on him. Everywhere I was, he was and I always felt like we were connected or maybe there were at least a little feelings.

"Stop being so fucking delusional over him Kaylin, I'm serious leave that nigga alone." She says clapping her hands. I groan and sit up blowing my messy hair out of my face. "But I don't want him for real I'm just not over him that mu-" "KAYLIN LEAVE THAT NIGGA ALONEEE HE DOESNT WANT YOU HE DOESNT CARE ABOU-" I hang up  cutting her off.

I huff and get up out my bed grabbing  my towel walking over to my connected bathroom.  I put it on the counter before starting the shower and stripping my clothes off.

I get in the shower thinking about how the first day of 7th grade.

Monday
7:23am

I finish brushing my teeth and washing my face before walking to my room looking at the outfit set out on my bed.

It wasn't anything too much just a black bodysuit with a beige and black cardigan.

After I finished getting ready I brush my flattened hair with a comb and style it before spraying some perfume.

After I finish getting ready I put on some gray new balances and walk downstairs.
"Good morning Mom!" I say kissing her cheek. She smiles and hugs me. "Good morning baby. You riding the bus or you riding with Kami?" She says looking back at her book.

"Im riding with Kami of course you know I dont do the stinky bus." I say scrunching my nose before getting my bookbag off the hook. I wave to my mother before walking outside. I immediately see Kami's mom pull up into my driveway blasting Murder B*tch by Anti.

I raise a brow and sigh seeing my best friend waving at me from the front seat.
I walk over to the car getting in the back seat.

Kami immediately turns around and we do our handshake before laughing. "Heyyy Kaylin how was your summer?" Kami's mom says smiling while pulling out the driveway. Kami looks at me and smirks.

I smirk back. "WE FIRED UP UH HUH SEVENTH GRADE YOU KNOW BECAUSE UH HUH BECAUSE BE BE BECAUSE THIS GONNA BE A GOOD ASS YEAR FULL OF BITCHES DONT FORGET THE NIGGAS TOO!" Me and kami chant at the same time dancing. Kami's mom laughs before stopping in the car rider lane letting us out.

We get out immediately seeing Dustin and Brandt. My eyes widen and I quickly turn away dragging Kami to the other entrance.

"Jeez Kaylin whats up witchu." Kami says looking back at the two boys dapping each other up. "Nigga he's right there are you fucking blind." I say feeling my cheeks heat up.

I hear loud breathing behind me and slowly turn coming face to face with an Asian girl with a bowl cut and a caucasian girl with braces. I squeal falling back into Kami.

"Oh we- we're so sorry!" The white girl says holding onto the shorter girl. I make a disgusted face standing up straight and shoving past them.

"Fucking weirdos what the fuck." I mumble to myself speed walking to my locker. I open it looking at the empty space with just a picture of me and dustin from the 5th grade.

I smile and take my airpods out putting them in my ears. The song On & On by Erykah Badu starts playing. I close my locker immediately coming face to face with dustin leaning against his locker facing Brandt.

My eyes widen as my eyes meets Brandt's. He smirks turning away as dustin starts to turn around. I quickly look away seeing the blonde bitch again.

She was just smiling at Alex. "Go talk to him." I say pointing at him. "Huh?" She says standing up straight. "Just go over and talk to him if you like him." I mumble looking her up and down. She was wearing blue low rise jeans with a white rhinestone crop and some dirty white converse. She smiled and she had braces and spit was splurging from her teeth.

I mentally vomit and pretend to smile. "you think A-Alex would talk to me?" She says pointing at herself. I nod knowing Im lying.

She giggles and walks over to him. I sigh and slowly turn to look at dustin but he wasn't there anymore.

I lean my head against the locker and groan.

"Gosh why am I so stuck on you"

Next Chapter