𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐈𝐈✿

Embarrassed ________________warning: angst, maya ishi peters

Embarrassed
________________
warning: angst, maya ishi peters

The next few days were going smoothly per usual and I had got over the whole Julius situation. Dustin also hadn't been at school so I had a mini break.

I sigh as I put on my sweatshirt to pair with my black leggings and crocs.

I didn't feel like dressing up for school today so I just put on something simple. It was a wednesday. Wednesday is always the worst but I'm gonna make the most of it.

Kami wasn't coming to get me because she wasn't going to school so for the first time in my life my mom was taking me to school.

"Kaylin come on or I'm gonna be late for work!" She yells grabbing her keys and coffee.

I walk downstairs and grab my bookbag from the hook. My mom kisses my forehead before walking out of the house with me trailing behind her.

We both get in the warm car as my mom sets down her coffee. "So sweetie, Dustin's mother called me." I didn't even want to hear the rest of that sentence. Why is Dustins mom calling mine.

What could possibly be so important that she took the time out of her day to call-

"He got into a fight with Julius at school and is doing out of school suspension." My eyes widen hearing that sentence come out of my mothers mouth.

"Wait what?" How could I not know about this. Its so weird. Who started the fight. Who won the fight. Why did they fight. So many questions urging to be answered.

"Yep." My mom says with the biggest smile on her lined brown lips. "Why are you smiling mom what are you not telling me?" I say looking straight at her as she looks ahead not even baring me a glance.

"Oh nothing. As much as I'd love to tell you Why they fought I was told its adult information only." She says giggling pulling up to the car rider lane.

"Mom-" "LOVEEE YOUUU get out my car before you are late!" She says unlocking the door and opening mine for me. "Wait-"

"Hugs kisses love you baby now gooo!" She says pushing me out and closing the door. I watch her car skirt away keeping my mouth agape and my eyebrows furrowed.

I walk into the building still confused and quite bummed that I have literally no one to talk to.

I wasn't friends with anyone besides Dustin and Kami. And Ryland was barely ever here.

I walk through the loud and crowded halls hugging my bag in my arms boring my eyes into the floor.

I was questioning lot of things. Why did Dustin fight Julius. Why did Dustin's mom tell mine. What business do they have. Why was my mom so happy about it. And why the fuck wasn't kami at school.