𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈✿

Throwback________________

Throwback
________________

Little Dustin&Kaylin

Kaylin
____________

The first day of kindergarten. I remember the first day I laid eyes on him. The person who was now known as the love of my life.

I frown looking around the classroom full of kids playing with blocks and in tiny groups as I felt I wouldn't fit in.

Except for one. One boy wasn't in a group. In fact he was sitting alone with a bright red lamborghini race car in his hand.

My eyes light up as I begin to approach the boy. I look at him first observing his striped white and red shirt with his dark blue jeans and dirty white converse. He has a short curly buzz cut that I now knew as the afro of curly hair.

He looks up at me with shyness and hugs his car against his chest. I slowly open my back pack and pull out a pink jeep toy car placing onto the floor before seating next to the boy.

"Wanth to pwlay?" I say rolling my toy car around in front of him. He blinks twice before a smile forms on his face. "Sure!"

"Im Kaylin by the way!" I say holding my hand out as I was influenced by the adults that did it when greeting each other.

He brings out his pinky and wraps it around mine before shaking his hand.

"Im Dustin!"

And that was the day me and Dustin officially became friends.

Now at the age of 6 I wasn't aware of the mind of the boy. The thoughts they held for girls they were close with. But in 3rd grade it became clear that Dustin wasn't interested in what I had to offer.

Our friendship slowly became into a one sided obsession for another. I wouldn't go a day without talking to Dustin even when he didn't want to talk to me.

I hated seeing other girls sit with him at lunch. I hated seeing him on the swings with another person that wasn't me. I was infatuated by this young boy at the age of 9. And yet. We both were still clueless.

Until....

5th grade.

Brandt came into the picture. He had just moved here and instantly clicked with Dustin. And thats when I felt disconnected from him.