𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈✿

Just friends______________

Just friends
______________

Kyler was some random ass dude that me and Kami would make fun of but honestly i thought he was lowkey fine.

But he had a girlfriend so I backed off a little and was focusing on myself and my friendship with Dustin until...

Kyler:
I mean are you still tryna fw me🤦🏾

It had been two days since I replied to the text and I really didn't have time to be getting played again.

Because I swear in the hall I just heard he was with some other girl named Anya and really I was not boutta be one of this guys hoes.

Now it was monday morning and Dustin hasn't said anything since I spent the night which made me sorta anxious about seeing him today.

I had quickly gotten dress and did my curly hair into a low bun before putting on some 3's with my jumpsuit.

Kami's mom was waiting outside as I quickly rushed out with my book bag on one shoulder and my lipgloss in my hand coating my dry lips with it.

I hop into the car hugging Kami. "Girl guess what!" I say putting my stuff down and grabbing my phone immediately opening the messages with Kyler.

"Wait i heard he was fuckin wit washaname!?" Kami says trying to think of one of the many names of girls he was rumored to be with.

Once we got to school I still hadn't seen Dustin anywhere or Brandt.

The day was going smoothly until a swarm of kids crowded into a circle in the front of the school.

"DUSTIN AND UGIS ARE ABOUT TO FIGHTTT!!!"

My ears perk up and Kami immediately bolts into the crowd pushing through. I walk up behind everyone but I couldn't see over the nappy heads.

I try to stand on my tippy toes but it was no use. I hear faint yelling and I stand in the back confused but I begin to walk away when I see Dustin storm out of the crowd mad as hell and his face was covered with red bruises.

"Dustin!-" Before I could ask if he was alright Brandt and Alex ran up to him saying they were going to beat up Shuji?

I was confused on what he had to do with anything but then I seen Shuji pushing his way out of the circle with his grip on maya's arm.

Shuji is an upper classman so I was confused on why he was here at this time and what happened with Dustin until I felt someone grab my arm.

"Girl did you see what just happened!" Kami tries to catch her breath as she was dying of laughter.

I shrug in confusion trying to get a clearer view of Dustin and Shuji getting dragged away by the clerk's.

I don't understand what Shuji has to do with Dustin or how they ended up fighting but a got an Idea when I spot maya in the corner of my eye giggling with Anna and walking around the curb.

"Okay so basically Maya and Anna told Brandt and Dustin to square up basically so that wha-"

"why didn't anyone tell me?" I interrupted her confused on why I didn't get the memo of a fight happening between my "best friend".

"uhh- it was at the moment, you know. Anywaysss then they all met out here and thats when maya brung up Brandts dad and thats when Shuji was walking outside and saw what was going on and just started swinging at Dustin and yea shit went down." Kami finishes her story on what happened and the bell interrupts our conversation.

I stood confused but slightly angry at Dustin for even involving himself after just getting off suspension.

I ball my fist but begin to let it go. "lets just go before we're late." I scoff and walk off to advisement my last period.

The whole period I became anxious about what would happen to Dustin even if he really didn't do anything this time.

He had already been in enough trouble and I was scared on what could happen if they assumed he started the fight with shuji.

Stupid fucking Shuji. Why did I ever like him again.

I shrug to myself and finish my work before exiting study hall. I squint my eyes seeing Dustin by himself walking around.

"Dustin!" I speed walk up to him and put my hand on his shoulder and he turns to me and smiles. "hey." He says softly like nothing happened.

"Are you okay? what happened?" I say worried looking at all the bruises on his face. But he seemed calm. I frown and put my hand on one of them and he flinches.

"I didn't get in much trouble, It was some stupid shit but Shuji got oss." He shrugs and takes my hand into his.

My face heats up and I look away. "Thats good, at least you wont get in trouble. He just nods and we exit the school together.

"Kaylin.." Dustin says looking at me as we walk the sidewalk.

"hm?" I turn off my phone ignoring the boring questions from kyler blowing up my phone.

"Will you... Go to the Heritage dance with me?"

 Go to the Heritage dance with me?"

AN

I apologize sincerely for my absence, School started for me and yall they got us working like slaves along with clubs and sports so I try to get on here and write a few words every once in a while but it's complicated smh, Sorry for the short chapter but Im done promising updates cus honestly school and wtv sickness they spreading in atl rn is beating my ass.
I love yall so much tho tysmmm for so many reads on this story🥹🥹 I appreciate it sm❤️