Chapter 8 part 1

When we got back, I told them that I needed to take a shower. They were okay with it as Lee Know and Felix wanted to start making dinner.

When the lava hot water of the shower touched my skin, I felt as if I truly felt like I belonged with Stray Kids.
Without warning I didn't realize I began to sing some of their songs. I remember singing to Red Lights, Love Stay and Deep end.

I was so lost into the songs I didn't hear the heavy footsteps of the group wandering around the hallways. "Should I knock on the door?" whispered Seungmin. Bang Chan went over to the door to meet Seungmin. "I would not, you saw how she acted earlier." he whispered back. "Uh yeah because Han pretty much crushed her bones." laughed Felix. I could tell that Han gave him a dirty look because they began to argue in Korean. "Shh, quiet! Yuki is singing. Let her have her moment." Changbin whispered softly, leaning on the door to concentrate on hearing me sing.

When I got to Deep End, I could hear Felix silently crying. "Whoa whoa dude, why are you crying?" Bang Chan said softly, wiping away his tears. "It's just that I didn't know that she could sing so well..and beautifully." he cried.

I groaned dramatically as I refreshed my memory to begin to passionately sing "Love Stay". This time, no one said a word because they were lost in the melody of the song. As the rhythm of the music flowed through me, so did everyone else. Some of them quietly said the lyrics switching from Korean to English. At the end of the song, they crowded around each other to cry but also to feel grateful that so many people are influenced by their music and the message that their songs are saying.

They stood there for a long time then when I came out, they cried their hearts out. It took me a long time to calm them down but when I did, they gave me a warm gentle hug. Lee Know yelled in Korean that dinner was ready from across the room.

While we were eating, Felix sat next to me. As he set his left hand on my leg I could tell that something was wrong. "What's wrong Felix?" I asked, facing his red colored freckled face. He positioned his head to fall on my shoulder. "It's nothing," he said sadly, "nothing at all." I put down my fork to meet his hand near my leg. "Come on, you can tell me. What's wrong?" He was hesitant for a moment before releasing a long sigh and lifting his head to face me "Ok, nothing is wrong..I just..like your voice." he smiled dreamily. "To be completely honest, we all do." Bang Chan agreed. "I never knew you could sing so well, we were pretty much in tears," Seungmin laughed, pointing at Felix "Especially Felix." I looked over at Felix who was playing with his food. His face became more red by the minute as he was lost in a happy fantasy.

When I was done eating, I brushed my teeth to get ready for bed. While I was getting ready, I got a call from my mom asking when I'd be coming home. I can't believe I forgot to tell her about me meeting Stray Kids and inviting me to spend a week with them! I told her what I was doing and the phone went quiet for a minute until my mom told me to have fun and to text her when I'd be ready to come home. I wrote down a date for me to come home then told her the date. When I hung up, the time was very late. I went into my room to fling myself onto the bed.