Chapter 9: My room

[Luigi's POV]

Junior silently woke up in my arms. I smiled down at him, and he looked back up at me before hugging me again. He jumped out of my arms and dragged me with him to the kitchen.

In the kitchen, he demanded the chef to make us both breakfast. The chef nodded, and Junior dragged me to another room, where he sat down. I sat down next to him.

Minutes later, Bowser entered the room, too. "Good morning, Junior and Luigi." Junior said good morning back, but I stayed quiet. Bowser sat down next to me. What a coincidence that Junior wanted me to sit on the chair between him and his dad.

I looked up at Bowser. He seemed like he hadn't slept either. I looked back down at the table in case he noticed I looked at him. The chef came in and gave us all our breakfasts, I wasn't really hungry. I just ate because Junior probably wanted me to.

The food wasn't too bad. It was actually pretty good if I'm being completely honest. The other 2 already finished their food while I was still eating, I offered Junior the last few pancakes. He gladly ate it.

Junior went over to Bowser and whispered something in his ear before leaving the room. I didn't want to be alone in a room with him, so I got up as well. Bowser tapped with his nail on my shoulder, but I ignored him.

He kept tapping until he just full-on grabbed me. "What's the matter with you? Why are you acting so dramatic? If it's because of yesterday, you're overreacting. It was just a small test, nothing else."

I wanted to walk away and just be alone, but he was holding me. I couldn't go anywhere. He looked at me straight in the eyes. I sighed, "Why did you want to know what I was thinking about so badly?"

He seemed confused at first, but then he replied. "Well, we don't really have a therapist, koopa, and you seemed sad lately. Junior was worried, so I just decided to ask you about it myself. It wasn't really my intention to see how annoyed you could get, but it did make you less shaky around me."

He noticed how shaky I was? Well, obviously, he did, but why didn't he just ask something about that? Why did he specifically ask me about who I was thinking of? It all seemed way too vague to me.

"I don't need therapy. You could try to make Junior less worried yourself. He doesn't seem to believe me. Thank you for worrying, but.. I'll be alright without the help." Since when do I even talk this much? Guess it did help a little.

He let me go, "If there really is nothing wrong, you wouldn't have given Junior your pancakes. You usually eat it all, but just before, you barely ate a thing." He had his hand on my shoulder as he said that. He walked away after.

I just stood there and thought more to myself. Since when am I even out of the cage? Do I just go back there, or am I supposed to stay with Junior? Does Bowser actually care about me? Or is he just doing it for Junior?

There are so many questions, yet no answers. I decided to just go back to the cage room. Once I entered, I noticed my cage wasn't there anymore.

I went over to Junior's room, and he was playing games with his siblings. I closed the door again and decided to just walk around. While I was walking around, I heard Kamek and Bowser having a conversation in a room I was passing.

I decided to listen. They seemed to be talking about Mario. The subject changed to Peach. Hmm, Junior was right about his dad's obsession with that princess.

After around 30 minutes of them discussing how to get Peach, I heard Bowser walking towards the door. I looked around where I could run to, but before I could.. the door had opened, and Bowser was already standing there.

He picked me up with one hand and took me back to his room again. He put me down on the chair in front of his desk and sat down on the other side. "Why were you listening to our conversation?"

I looked to his side, and Kamek appeared there. "Sire, you should punish him!" I looked down and noticed how shaky my body was again.

"Before that, I want to know what he was doing there. And how much he heard." He glared at me menacingly, I held tightly onto the sides of the chair again. "I-I was just walking around.." Bowser looked at me, "Continue."

Geez, why was it so hard to say I didn't even do that much. "Well, I heard you 2 talking a-and got curious.. I didn't hear much beside your obsession with the p-princess."

They both looked at each other and then back at me. Kamek got up and used their wand to pick me up again, I yelped before I got moved closer to Bowser.

I shut my eyes tightly. "Tell me everything that you heard." He spun me around. "Wellitwasprettyhardtohearcause-" I was talking way too quickly, "Talk slower." He demanded angrily.

I took a deep breath and told him everything I remembered. When I was done, they looked at each other again, Bowser nodded, and Kamek put me down. I held onto my own arm.

Kamek poofed away, but Bowser stayed. "You said you were walking cause you didn't know your room?" I nodded and let go of my arm before I could pinch myself.

He picked me up again. This time, it felt more gentle. He took me to a room between his and Junior's. He opened the door and revealed a very green room. He put me down on the floor.

I went in excitedly, my own room! I looked around every corner and saw he had even given me a diary. I went back to him and hugged him, my arms avoiding the spikes.

I thanked him many, many times before he left the room. He had somewhere to be. I laid down on the comfy bed and hugged the little plush he had put on it.

Ahh, it was so soft! It didn't take long before I already fell asleep.

(The end of Chapter 9)

Almost at Chapter 10 >:D I'll either make chapter 10 tomorrow or today (tomorrow is technically already today, but who cares) it's either done in around an hour, or I have fallen asleep while writing. :>