Chapter 13: Time for action

[Luigi's POV]

I got up and was about to go back to my room, but I got stopped by Bowser's hand.

I looked up at him, and he was looking down at me. He placed both his hands on my shoulders, "What's bothering you? Your eyes tell me you've been crying."

He moved my hat up with his nail, which made me see him clearer. Why must it be like this? Why did he act so gentle again? Right.. he doesn't know I heard him and Kamek.

I sighed, I should tell him the truth. I should tell him what I've heard.. but what if he punishes me like last time? It's too late to think about that now.

"I.. I heard.. the conversation.. between you and Kamek."

His face turned from caring to shock to what seemed like a pokerface. "So you know our plan?"

I nodded. "Why would that make you cry? It's just a plan. It's not like we're gonna kill you in front of him."

How would I lie my way out of this one? I can't just say, 'Oh, well, it made me cry cause you broke my heart in a billion pieces.' No.. I can't.

"I- you- uh.." I was stumbling with my words. He raised his eyebrow, confused.

"I.. I don't know why it made me cry."

[Bowser's POV]

I could tell he was lying. What would make him tell me the truth? Hm. I just took my hands off his shoulders and waited until he left the room.

Shortly after, I left the room roo. Once I got into my room, I saw Kamek there. "Sire, I have come up with the perfect plan!" They seemed excited. I sat down at the desk.

"We should.."

Once they told me the full plan, I agreed. They poofed away again, and I laid down in the bed. I was lying on my side with a pillow lying next to me.

The pillow made me think about that one night, where Luigi was so exhausted he slept in my arms. What if.. what if that's why he cried?

What if he cried because he thought I wouldn't do that after that night? No, that would be stupid, even for him.

[Luigi's POV]

Junior was in my room, "I'll stay here until I know for sure you're alright." Wow, that's new.

"Are you sure, buddy? It might take a long time." He quickly nodded. I laid down on the bed, picked him up, and put him down next to me.

We both yawned in sync and giggled after. He snuggled against me before closing his eyes. His snoring was so loud that it was hard for me to fall asleep, too.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep after a while.

[Mario's POV]

I didn't want to stop for a rest! I wanted my brother.. I wanted to rescue him from Bowser! I.. don't want him to possibly get hurt even more.

Peach put her hand on my shoulder, "You okay, moustache?" I smiled and nodded, "Yeah, I just hope my brother is okay."

"You should try to stop worrying before it affects your night rest. Go lay down. You need to sleep as much as we do." She let go of my shoulder again and laid down herself too.

I laid down next to her. She made me feel safe. It didn't take long before we both fell asleep.

In the morning, I got woken up by Donkey Kong hitting me. I got up, and instead of complaining, I just immediately went after the others.

We all went through all the stages without any problems, besides Toad almost falling into the lava, though. Good thing my reflexes were better than ever, or he would've been a cooked Toad.

Once we got to the castle, it was already evening. I was about to open the doors, but Peach stopped me. "We should rest. We can defeat Bowser easier if we're well rested."

She laid down with the others again. I didn't want to lay down. Bowser would least expect me to come in the middle of the night. It would be my best chance!

Toad dragged me to the place where they were all laying. What a way to force someone to sleep. "Wouldn't it be more surprising if we attacked at night, though? He wouldn't see it coming!"

"No, Mario, now just go to sleep." (Jeff the Killer, that you?)

I sighed and laid down, too. It took me a while to actually fall asleep. In the morning, I woke up before the others did. Should I wake up DK the same way he woke me up? That would be hilarious.

I decided not to do it and just waited until the others slowly woke up. Peach came over to me once she was awake, "Did you even sleep?" I nodded. She sat down next to me.

She made my heart beat faster again, "I'm just excited to see my brother again." She giggled. Sadly, the moment got interrupted by Donkey Kong waking the others up.

(Forgot to mention, they also had some extra Toads who were just there to bring the tents and sleeping bags. And yes, they did eat.)

Once everyone was awake and ready, we stood in front of the huge castle. I decided to go first and opened the door. We passed through all the security until we got to the room where Bowser always was.

I opened the door to see Bowser standing in the middle of the room. I just stood there quietly. Where was my brother?

Bowser walked closer, "Well, well, well.. you have made it this far yet again. In case you're wondering where your pathetic little brother is.."

Kamek poofed in the room, holding Luigi up with his magic. Luigi was shaking and screaming out of fear and pain. What the hell have they done to him!?

I couldn't look at him like that.. he.. he was hurt so badly.. No! I need to save him! If I don't save him now, they will hurt him even more!

I ran at Bowser and attacked him. Shortly after, the others followed, too. Bowser smacked some away with his tail before doing his casual lava thing again. I stayed far enough so he wouldn't burn me.

I jumped up at him, and just as I was about to stomp on his head. He smacked me out of the air. I got thrown against the wall.

Grunting as I was getting up, I couldn't give up.. not yet.. I looked around the room and saw he had defeated most already. Only Peach, Donkey Kong, and I were still okay.

I stumbled my way back to the 2, and we all attacked Bowser at the same time. He fell over onto the ground. Peach hit Kamek so they would let Luigi go.

Luigi fell onto the floor, I ran to him and hugged him tightly. I could feel the tears coming back. He hugged me back. It didn't take long before we were both in tears of joy. We put our foreheads against each other and sighed.

The moment was too good to be true.. so good that I hadn't realised Bowser got up already. I could see by Luigi's reaction that he did. I turned around and saw Peach, defeated. Donkey Kong, defeated. Oh no.

Bowser was about to smack me against the wall again, but Luigi jumped in front of me. I watched as Luigi flew across the room, and he hit the wall shortly after. No.. no..

I wanted to run over to him, but Bowser picked me up and threw me to the other side of the room. I held myself up and opened my eyes, wide enough to see Kamek, holding Luigi up again. Luigi was passed out.

My eyes closed shortly after.

(The end of Chapter 13)

Yuh, I'll go sleep now. The next chapter will come tomorrow <3 I have vacation anyway, so I can make updates while it's Monday.

Did y'all enjoy the drama? >;)