Chapter 24: Running away?

[Luigi's POV]

I opened my eyes to see that I was in the nursery room. It's so nice and clean here. I can't recall what had happened before I woke up. (Noticeable what song I'm listening to?)

All I remember is... Bowser's words. I felt my heart ache again as I remembered them. I didn't want to think about it anymore, but I couldn't think of anything else.

Did he really mean what he said to Kamek?... But that would mean what we did together... meant... nothing. I looked at my arm, which was covered in bandages.

I sighed and laid my head backwards against the pillow. I miss Mario... if I just didn't get into that pipe, none of this would've happened.

Why did I have to be so curious!? I hate it! I hate the fact that whenever something bad happens, it is always my fault! Why did I have to be like this!? Couldn't I have been more normal!?

Suddenly, my sadness turned into anger. Not anger to someone. Anger to myself. If I didn't get into that pipe, we would've still been in Brooklyn. I wouldn't have met Bowser... I wouldn't have been hurt like this.

I would've been better. Mentally and physically. My body is in pain. My mind keeps going on and on about all of the things I have done. All of the bad things.

I should've been more careful! I shouldn't have jumped after Mario... but then again... if I didn't... he wouldn't have met Peach.

Him and Peach are almost soulmates. They do everything together. It's like they've known each other for years, while they met a few months ago.

I wish I had someone like that. Someone who actually loved me. Someone... who isn't Bowser... he's bad for me. Very bad.

Not only has he hurt me physically, but he also hurt me mentally. It would be better if I knew how to get out of here. Wait... vents! I know one of the vents led to the front of the castle.

I got up and looked around the room to see if there were any vents. I noticed one, not too high up. I jumped for it, took the vent off, and went inside.

I closed the vent behind me, I stayed for a bit to see if the nurse would check on me. And they did, the door opened and the nurse came inside.

They got shocked when I wasn't there and ran out. Poor nurse... though I'm now too curious to go to the front immediately.

I waited in the vent until they came back with Bowser. Bowser was also shocked that I wasn't there, "Where did he go!?"

"I-I don't know, Sire! I was just getting his new bandages!" - N

"I don't care what you were doing, you must find him!" - B

The nurse nodded and started searching under the beds. Strange how well he can act to pretend to care for me.

I went deeper into the vent and sat down at a point with no noise around me. I sat in the typical crying position, shoulders on my knees, head between my arms.

I don't want to leave. I want him to apologise for what he said to Kamek. I want him to explain it all to me. If I ask him about it... he will know I was 'spying'. That's something I don't want.

But then again... it would mean I don't have to run away. I couldn't get myself to. Junior would be disappointed. Maybe I should just tell Bowser why... why I'm sad...

I should tell him everything I'm feeling. Though, I would break down. I just know it. I can't control any of my emotions.

I can't control my anger, I can't control my sadness, I can't control my love. I can't control anything.

I just sat in the vents. How pathetic I am, sitting here. Thinking about a person who'd never love me. Someone who used me! Someone who isn't good for me!

But... I can't get myself to not love him. I've done things with him that I never did with anyone else.

I found comfort with him... why did I have to be so curious!? I was stupid for listening to their conversation! If I didn't listen to it, I would've still been happy with Bowser. Now I am sad...

(Little TW for sh [self harm] sorry <3)

I tightly held my arms with my hands, squeezing them to make it hurt. I deserved it. I shouldn't have been so dang stupid! I.. should move further.

I don't want to... hurt myself... but I deserve it. Junior! Junior cares! I shouldn't be doing this. Junior would be disappointed in me if he knew I did this.

I went further and decided to still try and run away. I would come back once my mentality is better.

I moved further and further until I got to a point, left or right? Uhhh... I peeked my head on both sides and saw... a koopa searching the vents! Oh no! Oh nooo!

I quickly went to the other side and got through as quickly as possible. I got out the first opening I saw.

I looked around the room, Junior's room! Yes! I looked down, oh no. I was on another closet. Luckily, Junior was on his bed. "Psst! Junior!"

He looked at me and his face lit up, "What are you doing up there, Papa Luigi!?"

I giggled. What a nickname. "I went through the vents to get out of the nursery without Bowser noticing. Is there any way I can get down without getting hurt?"

He looked around. "You can also use the bookshelf. You'd have to get on it, though."

I nodded and crawled over to the bookshelf. Waaahhh, there's a big distance between this. I put my arms out as far as possible and made myself some kind of bridge.

My legs fell off, but my not hurt arm was strong enough to pull me up. I was on top and climbed my way down to him.

"Why did you come here? Everyone's searching for you!" - Jr.

"Well... there was a koopa searching for me in the vents, so my first thought was to get out as quickly as possible." - L

"Seems logical. Why'd you run from the nursery, though? " - Jr.

"You won't tell anyone if I tell you, right?" - L

"I promise!" - Jr.

"Not even your father?" - L

"Is it his fault?" - Jr.

"Well, kind of..." - L

"Then I won't tell him!" - Jr.

What a precious kid. We sat down on his bed, and I told him what I heard. He listened to it all. "Maybe dad was saying that to Kamek because of his fear that they would be disappointed in him!"

"He fears that?" - L

"Yeah. He doesn't know that Kamek actually supports the LGBTQ+ people, so he's scared to tell them that he likes you!" - Jr.

"You're a clever kid, Junior." I said as I gently patted his head.

"Well, I've snuck around in the vents a few times before, too, so I've heard a thing or two about dad being afraid to disappoint Grand-Kamek. And I've snuck into Grand-Kamek's room, which is how I found out they support LGBTQ+ people." - Jr.

"Wow, you're a sneaky one, aren't you?" I patted his head again with a smile.

"But dad's worried about you. You should go back to him." - Jr.

"Maybe later." - L

I didn't really want to go back, Junior was too fun to talk to! We stayed up all night gossiping about Bowser, Kamek, Peach, and even Mario!

Sometimes, I had to hide underneath his bed because someone came to search his room. It was scary, yet funny, to see that they didn't even search underneath the bed.

(The end of Chapter 24)

Chapter 24 already, wow. I've never been so motivated for a story before... I hope y'all enjoyed it, though! <3

Junior is a fun character ong. I could've made this chapter longer, but I'm not feeling the best currently. :,)