Chapter 23: Words hurt

I know you guys love angst, so enjoy.

[Luigi's POV]

"His weakness is... wait, what type of weakness do you want to know?" - L

"The type that hurts him." - B

"Mentally or physically, cause there are a lot of things that could hurt him mentally." - L

"TELL ME ALL!" - B

I flinched and sighed. This is gonna be a long list.

"Well, every Italian hates it when someone snaps pasta before putting it in the pan. Mario hates mushrooms, even the power-ups. And -" - L

"Tell me the useful ones." - B

"Uhh, he hates it when people bully or hurt me. It always makes him furious! Unless I'm hurt really, really bad, then he can't even get himself to fight. But there's also -" - L

"Look, I'm not gonna hurt you to weaken him. Tell me one that doesn't involve hurting you." - B

"Well, he doesn't really get weakened by anything else. He's the stronger one when it comes to that." - L

"Stronger one?" - B

"Well, yeah. I have lots of weaknesses, some worse than others. ....." - L

[Bowser's POV]

He kept ranting on and on about his weaknesses instead of telling me his brothers.

He was still talking after around 5 minutes. How can someone talk this much? I didn't want to interrupt him, but I still needed the information.

"Ya done?" - B

"Oh, uh, yes! Sorry... I usually don't get to talk much." - L (depressing info this)

"So, Mario's weakness is just you getting hurt?" - B

He nodded, wow. 5 minutes of him talking, only for him to be talking about himself. I'm not complaining, though. I liked seeing how happy he looked while he was telling it.

Let's see if I can find another topic that makes him as excited as then.

"So, what do you think about the koopalings?" - B

His face lit up when I asked him that. Before I knew it, he was ranting on and on about each of them one by one. After an hour of him talking excitedly about all the koopalings, he suddenly stopped.

"What's wrong?" - B

"Thirsty." - L

I chuckled, "Well, you've been talking for an hour. You should give that poor throat a break." (Ayo?)

He giggled. Ahh... what an adorable giggle. He's so cute like this. I could stare at him for hours, but no. I have to get him his water. I got up and left the room to go get his water.

[Luigi's POV]

I usually don't talk this much... it even surprised me that he didn't tell me to stop or shut up. He seemed to be enjoying how much I was talking...

He came back into the room with a glass of water. He came over to me and handed it to me. I thanked him and quietly drank it. He was still staring at me.

It felt a little awkward... I didn't know what to do to make him stop, though. I gave him back the glass once I was finished. He put it down on the desk that he moved to the side.

I could feel that he was still staring at me. The silence in the room was killing me... he came closer to me. I looked at his red eyes as he got closer and closer.