| THE BEAUTY I SEE · SAPO |

Dedicated to i_lovewally

Nova's p.o.v :
As I sit here watching guys flirt with my best friend annalise at the mall, I can't help but wish that guys viewed me the way they do her. Most guys act as if I don't exist just because I'm a thicker girl. My best friend always tells me " it gets easier, you'll find someone special", but it's all empty words to me.

She's never been rejected or ignored. Guys literally kiss the ground she walks on. She will never know how it feels to be fat shamed, ignored, criticized , and to be completely considers unattractive to everyone around you.

I know I don't need a guy to love me and tell me I'm worth it but it would be nice to feel loved for who I am, publicly and proud. I realized I'm just sitting here ranting in my mind. I snap out of it and my best friend annalise is staring at me. " you ready to go ", she says smiling at me. I nod and we head out of the mall.

On our way home ,annalise decided she wanted us to go over to her boyfriends house. I complain under my breath , dreading the idea of having to be around the gang . all they ever do is call me names , and make me feel even worse than I already do about myself.

* Time Skip *

Once we arrive , I brace myself for their negative comments before I go inside. Annalise and cesar automatically go upstairs leaving me alone.  I decide to sit on the couch and watch tv on my phone. " hey piggy ", some of the gang members say as they come and sit around me.

" you've gotten bigger since the last time I've seen you piggy , you get any bigger and you will break the couch", G says poking at my rolls. I try to ignore his comment but he and the others continues talking. " don't let annalise make you believe that a guy will ever love you , because no guy wants a giant, ugly chubby girl like yourself", they says.

I get up to leave and head out the front door with tears in my eyes. I didn't notice it was raining outside when I first left. Before I could make it further down the street , I felt a strong push from behind causing me to fall in a puddle of mud .

" Get the f*ck away from her , leave now ", I hear sapo say from behind me. "just leave her ", g says followed by yeahs from the rest of the gang . " I said leave g, and if you ever touch her again , or call her out of her name I'll kill you all ", sapo says making them leave

" I try to get up but slip , falling back into the muddy puddle. " let me help you up , take my hand", sapo says stretching his hand out towards me. I was hesitant at first, what if it was a trick , just to a humiliate me more. After a few minutes of contemplating I took his hand. He helped me and i thanked him.

" this is what I deserve for being so stupid and ugly"" life would be easier if I was pretty and smart like annalise", I mumble under my breath along with other comments. I didn't realize sapo was still standing there and that he heard what I said.

" are you okay ,you are covered in mud", sapo says looking at me. "Not really, but I really need to get home so I can wash my hair and get the dirt out before it dries up", I say. I thank sapo again and turn to leave.

I started to walk but stopped in my tracks when sapo said " can I help you wash your hair", I turned around to face him. " you want to help me wash my hair ", I say repeating it to myself .
" yeah is that okay ", sapo asks looking straight into my eyes. 

I know he was probably just being nice because he felt pity for me , but I'm not sure about him getting into the shower with me . i couldn't help but think about me undressing in front of him and him  judging me. Or going back to the gang and agreeing with them. He will probably body shame me ,never speak to me again, and tell all his friends. But for some reason I wanted to trust him.

"Yeah that's okay ", I say

* Time Skip *

We make it to my house and I keep stalling. I'm still a bit nervous about undressing in front of him. I've been looking around my room for my 'towel', that's actually in the bathroom . but he doesn't need to know that. "are you ready to get in , you don't want the mud to dry up", he says pulling me into the bathroom. He turn the water on and i set our stuff on the counter.

He starts to undress without a care in the world. How is he comfortable just stripping in front of me. I'm not that brave , I'll take it a bit slower.  I start to undress myself. I felt his eyes on me, so I  close my eyes as I continue to undress. After I'm completely undressed I open my eyes and his eyes are scanning my body. I couldn't really read the expressions on his face.

" I completely understand if you've changed your mind , I know my body is really "-  and as I said ugly he said beautiful. We both were caught of guard by each other's answers. I hopped in the shower and and he followed. I stepped under the shower head letting the water run down my body.

I grabbed my shampoo and applied some to my hair. sapo starting washing my hair. The way his fingers defined my curls and messaged my scalp, and I felt his breath on my neck as he stayed hyper  focused on getting the dirt out. I close my eyes trying to enjoy the moment.

* a few minutes later *

Sapo finished washing my hair, I tried to help but he smacked my hands away claiming I deserve princess treatment. We are now both washing our body , taking turns rinsing off the suds. I kept my back turned because I am nervous about facing him. " did you really mean what you said earlier about my body being beautiful", I ask. He was silent at first and I regret asking now.

" why wouldn't I have meant what I said , he asks. " I'm not use to guys complimenting me on my body or saying anything kind about me ", I say.
" wait , are you being serious", he asks. " I pass him the body wash , keeping my back turned , even though I really want to see his facial expressions right now.

" dead serious ", I say laughing it off . " I'm so ugly and chubby that guys would rather drop dead than talk to me "," I've kind of just came to the conclusion that I'm stupid, don't deserve love , and that no guy will ever like me as much as I like them ", I say . sapo hadn't went silent and before I could speak he turned me around , making me face him.

" I don't want to ever hear you speak about yourself like that again Nova , do you hear me", he says staring deep into my soul. I nod my head " no I want to hear you use your words nova", he says stepping closer. 

" yes I hear you sapo","why do you care so much" I say. " why do I care so much?, you want to know why I care so much . because you are beautiful Nova Blackwell and any guy that doesn't think you are beautiful doesn't deserve you or your time", he says .

I laugh not believing a word he's saying. " I'm serious nova , I think you are the most gorgeous girl I've ever set my eyes on ,and I hate that you constantly compare yourself to annalise because you are beautiful the way you . you are not stupid , ugly, or chubby, I think you are thick and delicious, and  I wouldn't want you any other way. " I will spend every day for the rest of my life trying to prove this to you if I have to. I want to give you the love you deserve and treasure you like the special gem you are . if you let me , I'll make you the happiest girl in the word and let the world know that you , Nova Blackwell, are my beautiful girl.

" will you be my girl Nova"

" yes sapo , I'd love to be your girl"

He pulls me into a passionate kiss ,  after pulling away he moves my curls out of my face, pecking my cheek. I giggle a bit. he gets out and grabs me a towel covering me up. Then grabbed himself a towel . Once we finished getting dressed we cuddled in my bed.

Before we started the movie sapo pulled me against him whispering " you are the beauty that I see nova, you are beautiful from your kinky curls to your beautiful eyes that I could share into forever, to your affectionate smile and your chocolate skin. And as long as your with me , I'll make sure you never forget that my love" he says kissing my head .how did I get so lucky,  I guess annalise was right !!!!!

Song : Love you different - Justin Bieber ( this song is meant to represent sapo's feelings for Nova)

Sorry for the wait.  I hope you enjoy this imagine Nova. More to come soon guys!!!! love you all be safe ❤