|LOVE LETTERS · SADEYE PT. 2 |

Dedicated to Evangelia257

4 years later

Eva's p.o.v :

Today is Mateo's 6th birthday. Oscar , mateo's god father and cesar have been helping me set up his birthday party. I just want today to be as special as possible for my baby boy. Hes had a rough couple of years without his dad. This is the first year since his dads dissapperance that he even wants to celebrate his birthday.

So I just want him to enjoy his birthday and not stress. I wanted mateo to invite his classmates to his birthday party , but he said he just wanted to spend his special day with family. So I told him I would make that happen. " come on sweetheart let's sing happy birthday then you can open your presents", I say putting the candles on the cake.

We sing happy birthday and I tell Mateo to make a wish. As he blows out his candles the door bell rang.
Oscar goes to get the door . " mommy do you want to know what I wished for", my baby asks me. " if you tell me then it won't come true, so you hold on tight to your wish sweetheart and it will come true" I say kissing his forehead.

Oscar's p.o.v :

The door bell rang , so I told Eva I would get it. I opened the door to see a man covered in dirt, holding flowers and a birthday present. " I think you have the wrong address sir", I say and shut the door heading back to the party. Before I could make it back to the kitchen the door bell rang again.

I turned around heading back to the door. I opened the door again and the same dirt covered man is standing there. The man tried to get past me to get inside but I blocked him. He managed to push past me and get inside.

Eva's p.o.v :

As I was cutting the cake a man covered in dirt walks into the kitchen scaring me , mateo , and cesar. Mateo runs behind me scared out of his mind. " mom who is that". I was to scared to move or answer. Oscar runs into the kitchen and him and cesar try to kick the man out. " Get off  me ", the man says.

I knew that voice anywhere, that was my husband. " guys let him go" I say sobbing uncontrollably. Oscar and cesar looked confused but did as I said.  I ran into his arms holding him tight. I didn't want to let him go. I couldn't recognize him because of all the dirt and blood . that was the man I fell in love with , married, created a family with , and watched go off to fight war.

Mateo must have recognized his voice to because he ran in between us holding onto sad eye tight. Me and sad eye pulled away and he picked Mateo up. " look at my baby boy all big and strong", sad eye says crying. " mommy my birthday wish came true" Mateo says smiling ear to ear.

Oscar and cesar apologize  to sad eye . they left giving us some family time . we spent the rest of the day together and that night we slept in bed cuddling Mateo.

Hope you enjoy eva !!!! Thank you for requesting !!!!! Hope everyone's doing well and staying safe.