| LETTING GO • RUBEN/OSCAR|

I have been in love with Ruby since we first meet in 5th grade. Only Olivia knows about my crush. I at first  thought it was just a little crush, but I guess not.

I sit in class waiting for the final Bell to ring. I look over at Ruby, he was focused on whatever Jamal was saying. I lay my head down continuing read my book. The bell finally rang. I got up quickly leaving.

I pushed through the crowd, trying to get to my locker as quick as I can. I feel a hand grab my wrist. I look up to see monse. She pulls me down the hallway and we push through the huge crowd. "Look Ruby's going to ask jasmine to be his date to the dance", monse says smiling.

I watch as everyone cheers once jasmine says yes kissing Ruby. Monse runs up to them congratulating them. I head to my locker and quickly grabbing my stuff. I quickly head out the double doors making my way down the stairs. I hear Olivia calling me.

She jumps in front of me, making me come to a complete stop. " Are you okay", she asks . I shake my head no. " I don't even think I'm coming to the dance, it will be to painful". I say hugging her. I thank her for checking up on me, and continue down the road.

As I moved farther and farther away from the school, tears started to pour down my face. I hear a honk of a car, I look up to see Oscar pulling up. I turn my head avoiding his gaze. " Where is the gang", he asked confused . " I um just decided to walk home by myself today", I say looking at the ground.

"Look at me princesa", Oscar's says causing me to look up. I tried to wipe my tears but he already saw them. "Why have you been crying", Oscar asked looking concerned. " It's nothing , I'm fine", I say acting like I'm okay. "At least let me give you a ride home", Oscar say getting out and opening the door for me.

Once we arrived at my house, Oscar followed me inside. " Oscar", you say shocked that he followed you inside. " What did youi was gonna leave you crying", he asked looking at me. I sigh and shake my head no. " So are you going to your school dance Hermosa", Oscar say cupping my face in his hand. I shake my head no. " Why not", he asked. "Why go just to be miserable and alone", I say going to my closet. Oscar flops on my bed. " Wanna go to the beach", he asks giving me puppy eyes. I nod laughing at how cute he is

*Time skip*

As we are arriving at the beach, Oscar gets out opening the door for me. I know this is stupid but I have a crush on Oscar too, I liked him way before I liked Ruby. I never told him because, I didn't think he would want a girl like me. I get out grabbing the picnic basket and blankets.

Once we get comfortable, Oscar turns facing me. " So why were you crying earlier", Oscar asked looking serious. I sigh and turn to face him. "I kinda had a crush on Ruby for a while, but he's in love with jasmine. I know it's stupid really, I'm happy for them truly I am it just still hurts. I'm honestly moving on, I have my eye on someone else anyway. I've liked this guys for so long" I say looking Oscar in the eyes.

"So are you really ready to let go of your feelings for Ruby", Oscar ask grabbing my hand. I nod standing up, pulling Oscar up to. " So who's the mystery guy huh", he asked curious. I look at the ground and start to speak. "I'm looking right at him", I say looking up at Oscar.

I wait for him to react, but he stood there speechless. " Please say something Oscar", I say hoping I didn't ruin the best friendship I ever had. I start packing up , Oscar pulled me up kissing me. I wrap my arms around his neck. The kiss last for a couple of minutes before I pulled away.

"You don't know how long I've wanted to do that", Oscar says resting his head against mine. I giggle running up and down the beach as he chases me. He caught me , throwing me over his shoulder.

*Time skip*

After a while it started to get dark. We decide to head back. While Oscar drove, I couldn't help but stare at him. He was so handsome , and his gorgeous brown eyes brought me to my knees Everytime. He connected are hands, still paying attention to the road.

Once we pulled up in my driveway, I see everyone sitting on my porch. Oscar gets out the car, and jogs to the other side letting me out. As soon as I got out the car Olivia stood up walking to me. "Serenity they knows, I'm sorry , if you hate me I unde-", I cut Olivia off connecting my hands with Oscar.

She smiles looking down at our hands. Oscar cups my face in his hands pecking my lips. I hear Cesar and monse gasp. " Don't act like you didn't see this coming", Jamal says hugging me and saying we're couple goals. I nod thanking Jamal. "Can we talk", Ruby ask. I nod following him inside.

"So you liked me this whole time", Ruby asked looking shocked. I nod, " I've liked you for the longest time, I gave up after a while realizing it would never happen", I say looking him in the eyes. " Why didn't you ever say anything to me, I liked you for the longest time", he say looking sad. " I don't know, I just never though you would like me ", I say standing up.

" I love jasmine, but I would leave her for you any day", he said grabbing my hand. " No stay with jasmine, I'm happy with Oscar and I'm finally letting go of my feeling for you", I say kissing his cheek , and starting heading back outside. "your still one of my bestfriends though, that will never change" I say. He nods smiling , and he came back outside kissing Jasmine's cheek.

"Everything okay Mami", Oscar whispers in my ear. I nod kissing his cheeks. " Everything's perfect", I says smiling up at Oscar. I felt Ruby's eyes on me and Oscar but I didn't care.

Hope you enjoy, love you all!Stay safe, and wash your hands 😘

Stay safe, and wash your hands 😘