Ep 1: You're 14 kid

"Hi, Claire Hutton?" I ask the red-haired lady in front of me who gives me a wrinkled smile with a nod

"Hi, Claire Hutton?" I ask the red-haired lady in front of me who gives me a wrinkled smile with a nod. I type her name into the logs and her 2 pm appointment with Dr. James popping up. I give her a smile, nodding to the chairs along the caramel-painted wall. "Alrighty, please have a seat. He'll be free in a few minutes, and call you in." She mumbles a 'thanks' and goes to sit on one of the empty chairs.

Today is a busy day, like every other weekend, people book appointments as if they are free of cost. Wish they were. I could totally choose not to work on the weekends, but I need the money to pay for university, my car, my shared dorm (which I thought would be cheaper since I'm sharing but it's not), and many other things. It's just 5 hours yet tiring, but To be honest, it's better than retail, because even though I've got a shit ton to do, at least I don't have to stand for hours, be underpaid, and be yelled at for no reason. Oh, and get disrespected by people who I'm trying to help. Can't forget that.

My phone dings and I pull it out of my pocket to see my baby brother's message-messages. He has sent me a million messages which consist of important stuff like him winning his school hockey game, to him falling in the washroom. A snicker leaves my mouth at that, but I cover it with a cough.

My eyes move around the waiting area to see if anyone saw me smiling like Pennywise while they sit there in pain, or whatever while waiting for the doctor. I don't think it would be very nice to laugh in a room of sick people. If you haven't figured, I work at the front desk of a clinic. Medicine, Medical, science-y crap is kind of my thing. I loved it so much, I even decided to study it, though it's a fucking pain in the ass.

  I was highly motivated a few weeks ago when my first year of university started, but the motivation level kind of dimmed after my first class on the very first day. It's not fucking easy, and why did nobody tell me that?

  Ravenhood University had a really good reputation for pre-med and law courses, and my mom wanted me to go there since she went there too. I still don't get the hype though......?

The phone in my hand dings again, my eyes wandering down with a roll. Who is it and why are they bothering me at this time of the day? My annoyance turns into a wide grin when I see my mom's text which says 'Your book package is here'. I text her a 'thanks' followed by a message, warning her not to open it. It's not like it's drugs or anything, but I want to be the one to open that package. I don't like when people touch my shit, especially my books. It's like starting a war with me.

Another 30 minutes of greeting people, typing in stuff, and other crap pass when I feel a pair of eyes on me. My head discreetly tilts up to see someone staring at me with wide fierce eyes. It takes me a second to realize their gaze is on my forearm which was uncovered by the full sleeve of my shirt, riding up. My jaw ticks, but instead of glaring at the person like I usually would, I quietly pull my sleeve down, covering my tattoo-covered forearm, and rolling my eyes.