Ep 28: take your power back

Ok sooooooo........I teared up slightly at this. I didnt mean for this to get this long. 6000 words. get popcorn and tissues. 

TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT/ABUSE. (not on page) not detailed tho. 

I like putting my MCs thru shit. I put celestina vincenzo thru hell

Also, there's more drama coming I guess so be ready.

ALSO HERE'S THE SPOTIFY https://open.spotify.com/playlist/33MVbylrROthgcfUk4uIdS?si=16605c6abb35449c

com/playlist/33MVbylrROthgcfUk4uIdS?si=16605c6abb35449c

"This is hilarious." My dad snorts, eyes trained on some lame-ass stand-up comedy show that's been playing on the screen for an hour. "You seeing this?" He inquires from his spot next to me on the living room couch, his hand rubbing Trixie's furry tummy. The golden retriever lays on the couch next to him seeming content with the attention.

"Yeah," I reply to his questions. I don't have a choice. My dad has been watching this horrendous show for God knows how long. A sigh leaves my lips as I look around the house I grew up in seeming more quiet and silent than it has ever been but somehow looks more lively too. The evening sun shines through the windows and into the living room, brightening up the dimly lit room, hitting the beige walls.

I'd ask him to change the show but it's Not like he'd listen anyway. My mind, however, has been stuck on something from this evening. A conversation Dad and Izzie's mom were having when I got here. 

Nova's dad was never around and she had to take care of Nova all alone but she never had any financial problems and was very capable of taking care of another one so no one was shocked when she adopted Ryder though dad was a little skeptical but he loves the kid like his own. Which is me. His own.......Anyway...

They were already talking about her divorce, and why her husband left though she didn't go into much detail.

They let me listen because I'm an 'adult' now and I can listen in on adult conversations. To say I was shocked is an understatement. Dad had never told me what had happened and why and Izzie, obviously never opened up about her past either so to find out that her stepdad had cheated on her mom was enraging.

My mind kept going over the details she had let me in on about her marriage, how her husband-whatever his name was- would yell at Ryder for the smallest things and how he had raised his hand a few times too. She also mentioned something about him being not good with Nova but didn't dive deeper since she had to go pick Ryder up.

My mind kind of froze and kept circling over that one detail.

That's what I can't stop thinking about. Even though she's fine now and she's probably over it, I still can't help but feel this big ball of rage inside me. A part of me wanted more detail about what she meant by him not being good to her. Did he yell at her? Did he hit her?