21: Oilers

Someone told me they love when I add songs so here we go. AND ITS A 1 HOUR VERSION so it never stops playing during the read. Y'all are welcome FSKSKSKKS. anyway vote and comment. lmk how it was. 

The blades on my skates meet the ice, cutting through as I skate to my position on the rink, standing next to my teammates

The blades on my skates meet the ice, cutting through as I skate to my position on the rink, standing next to my teammates. I take a deep breath in, eyes lifting and flitting around the arena filled with students and parents cheering from both their teams.

A shit ton of people cheering for us-me, but my eyes only look for one person. Long thick black hair, piercing blue eyes, a tall frame, red lips, red nails, my hockey jersey. My hockey jersey. A small smile starts forming on my lips at the thought. She sent me a mirror selfie before coming to the arena, and then deleted it a few minutes later saying she sent it by accident.

My little liar.

Lucky for me, I had already saved it and proceeded to look at it for the next 30 minutes like a lovesick dog. MY smile widens when I spot the girl to my 10 o clock, sitting with my friends in all her glory, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, gaze flitting up and clashing with mine. Her lip tips up when she spots me, lifting a hand, giving a small wave. My heart beats faster in my chest, mind going blank at just the sight of her.

Biting my lower lip, I tip my chin up, squaring my shoulders, feeling a boost of confidence knowing she's going to be watching me. There's no way I'll be losing tonight. No fucking way. And I will personally unalive Dylan if he lets a single shot in the net. My attention lingers on her face for a few moments before we get into position for the game, and the moment the puck drops I'm back in the game.

The Game ends After my teammate Carter shoots the puck into the net resulting in our fifth and final goal in the third Period. The horn blows, the crowd loudly cheering, jumping up from their seats and my arm wraps around Carter's shoulders, the rest of the teammates skating towards us.

"Good Job, boys." I murmur with a wide smile, huddled between my teammates whos smiles match my own. We break apart, looking around and at the people standing in the stands, wearing the university jerseys or the colors, waving, recording and screaming their lungs out.

"Good job, captain." Zayn smirks at me, slapping my shoulder twice, a wide grin on his face, tan cheekbones shining with all the lights hitting us. A proud smile forms on my face, and I pat his shoulder. The guy had three assists and a goal, he should be happy. The crowd stays loud and proud instead of getting quieter and my chest rises and falls with deep breaths.

Before leaving the ice, I turn around to where Nova was sitting and God, the sight I find has my heart leaping out of my chest. She's standing at her full height, next to my friends, full on cheering for our team, eyes twinkling and narrowed with how hard she's smiling. A full smile, showcasing her teeth, her nose scrunched as Linc whispers something to the girls. My gaze doesn't even for a second flit to my friends, soaking in the way she stands there, proud and pretty.