20: Team EzRose

IM BACK! I'M DONE W EXAMS! SO WE R DOING UPDATES NOW! 

  My fingers type a message to my brother, a chilly breeze hitting the top of my neck as I walk through the huge campus grounds

  My fingers type a message to my brother, a chilly breeze hitting the top of my neck as I walk through the huge campus grounds. My mind contemplates between going back to the apartment and the cafeteria. Since I'm starving, I choose the latter. A breath of relief leaves my mouth when I realize I'm done with my classes for the day and have the rest of the day to do what I want.

  I walk past the football ground on campus and my steps pause for a few moments, looking around the field to see if I can spot Linc somewhere. He's the Quarterback for our university's football team. I resume my steps toward the cafeteria when I don't find the guy.

  The cafeteria is loud and crowded, filled with people and their loud laughs and voices. Students are gathered around the tables, some standing in line infront of the counter, waiting for their turn to get food. Why did I come here again? Thankfully the line isn't huge which means I can get my stuff and get the fuck out of here. The next few minutes are spent with me getting food and once I pay, I decide to leave this zoo.

  The moment I turn around, I spot three familiar faces sitting at a table, gossiping about something. I stay frozen in my spot, deciding whether I should join them or not. If I should interrupt their private gossip session or if I should just leave but before I can come to a conclusion, I see a hand rising in the air and waving at me.

  "Izzie girl! Get over here!" Linc shouts from his seat, excitedly waving at me like a lost kid in the market finally finding his mom. A small sigh leaves my lips and I kind of feel relieved. These past few weeks, I've roamed the campus grounds all alone without anyone's company.

  I don't mind being alone but then the memories of what my best friend and I had planned for university come rushing back to my mind and I feel crappy about being alone.

  When I reach the table, Ezekiel pulls on my hand, forcing me to sit next to him. "Hey." He softly smiles down at me, green eyes squinted and looking brighter due to the sun's rays hitting his face. He's wearing a knitted dark green sweater that brings out his eyes and a small dimple on his cheek.

"Hi."

  Linc and Gwyn sit on our opposite side, right infront of us. While Gwyn mumbles a soft hi to me, Linc starts rambling about some cat he saw around the campus and how it chased him until he had to hide from it. Ez loudly snorts at that story and a smile starts to form too. Gwyn on the other hand probably doesn't even listen to him, continuing to work on her assignment.

  "How are you?" Ez softly whispers, making sure it's only audible to me. A sweet chill rises on my skin at the deep rasp of his voice, the way he's looking down at me right now, gaze focused on my lips. His arm rests behind me on the back of the chair, fingers touching the ends of my hair.

  "Great." I decided that sticking to one-word answers is a safe option because I don't trust my voice right now. Mostly because I have a sore throat but there are other reasons too.