cheer up

For the second time in a year of high school, Chaeyoung was feeling nervous to the core as she stood in front of the grand luxurious gate of Jungkook's mansion at the corner lot of the housing area. She had seen the house a few times before as her brother drove pass the neighbourhood but she never thought that it belonged to Jungkook's family. Now that she arrived there, she was nervous as hell like she was when she went to the boys' dormitory building a few weeks ago.

"I should just go back.", her feet were ready to turn when the gate opened slowly by itself and a man in white and black uniform appeared to greet her.

"Ms Park Chaeyoung? Hello, good morning.", the man looked to be in his mid-forties bowed his head to her before smiling warmly while allowing her to come inside the house's compound. "I'm Lee Jihyuk, the security guard of the Jeon's mansion. Jungkook told me about your visit today. I'll walk you in to meet everyone inside, okay?", he said to Chaeyoung as he led her in.

Chaeyoung just nodded to him as she wondered how many people were 'everyone' that he mentioned.

When they reached the front door, a middle-aged lady opened it for them with a smile on her face. Chaeyoung smiled back before she was led inside to see another five ladies probably in their thirties all smiling at her. She began to feel small or judged by their attention on her.

"Good morning, Mrs Lee.", the security guard said as he smiled widely to the lady at the door.

"Good morning, Mr Husband.", she replied, earning small giggles from their co-workers. "Is this her?", she asked him while pointing at Chaeyoung.

He nodded, "Ms Park, this is Mrs Lee Yoohee, the housekeeper and my wife. The five of them beside her are the cook and the house maids; Yoo Dana, Jun Hyewon, Moon Jaejin, Kim Eunyoung and Kim Hyejin. There's a driver who's also the gardener of the house but he's currently on leave so if you come here next time and see an unfamiliar face, that should be him, Min Jaeho."

Chaeyoung bowed to them before they introduced their names one by one to her.

The head cook, Dana asked her if she has eaten to which she nodded before Jungkook was seen rushing from out of nowhere to the living room. Chaeyoung was a bit startled that she did not see him going down the staircase at the center of the living room. He smiled as he saw Chaeyoung and his house helpers.

"Good morning, Chaeyoung.", he greeted her.

"Good morning, Jungkook.", she replied as she looked around to see where did he come from.

"I haven't had breakfast. Should we eat first before studying?", he asked her.

"Umm..."

"Come with us, Ms Park. We cooked a lot, you should join us.", Dana said as she pulled Chaeyoung's hand to go to the dining room.

"Uncle Lee, Aunt Lee, would you join us too?", Jungkook asked his security guard and the housekeeper who just stood while the others followed the head cook to the dining room.

"It's okay, Jungkook. We've had our breakfast already.", Yoohee said before she stepped closer to Jungkook. "Jungkook, are you sure that she's just your friend?", she whispered to him.

He frowned a little before nodding.

"You've never brought a girl home. She's beautiful and I'm sure your parents would love her too.", Yoohee stated with a smile on her face.

Jungkook chuckled before whispering back, "We're still in school, aunt. And I'm still getting to know her better."

Yoohee nodded before Dana called for Jungkook from the dining room.