us

Jungkook was still sleeping when Chaeyoung checked on his condition in the guest room that morning. It had been seven hours since he fainted in the kitchen after what Jimin did to him. His bruised body and battered face were bandaged but she could still see the dried blood on the corner of his lips that reminded her of how violent Jimin could turn into even to his allegedly best friend.

Chaeyoung was expecting Jungkook to wake up anytime soon because she needed to make sure he eats before he takes his medicine. Jaehyun told her that he will wake up after a few hours and she needed to make sure he takes his medicine on time. After she put the tray of porridge on the bedside table, she took the vanity chair and put it beside the bed before she sat on it while watching Jungkook.

His chest moved up and down as he breathed evenly in his sleep. His tattooed arm was visible clearly for her to look at as he was shirtless after Jaehyun treated his wounds and bandaged them. As she looked at him lying down on the bed sleeping soundly, she had a thought of what had happened between the two of them that made them ended up in this situation today.

"I'll leave you to get dressed. When I come back here, I hope I don't see you around."

She still remembered his last words before they became strangers after that day. She was still crying when she went home that morning wondering by herself what had happened the night before. She hoped that he would know what they had done and told her but he chased her away instead. She kept asking why and what happened to herself while he ignored her at school. They were both ending their friendship in the quietest and the most heartbreaking way that was very devastating for Chaeyoung to accept.

Her lonely suffering became even worse when she found out that she had missed her period for a week. She was panic about it until one day she vomited at home which concerned her parents. She was scared to go to the clinic but her parents took her after she almost fainted the next day. It was a week of nightmare for her. She missed her final examination and she was chased out from home because of that one night with Jungkook that she did not even remember at all.

"What happened to us, Jungkook?", she uttered the question as tears began to fill her eyes.

A low whimper of pain interrupted her thoughts. Chaeyoung quickly wiped her tears before she looked at Jungkook trying to get up from the bed. She stepped forward to him to stop him from any more movements that can lead him to injure himself more than he already had.

"Jungkook, stop. You will hurt yourself much more if you don't.", she touched his arm making him froze with the little contact with her. "Just lie on the bed. Don't go anywhere.", she added as she poured the water into the empty glass on the tray.

"Where is Jimin hyung?", that was the first thing in Jungkook's mind at that time.

Chaeyoung turned to him with a glare, "Why? Do you want him to hit you more?"

He looked away from her eyes before realizing that he had a lot of bandages on his body and his face.

"Drink this. You sounded hoarse.", she referred to his voice earlier.

He took the glass and drank the water before Chaeyoung took it back to put to the table.

"Where is your brother, Chaeyoung?", he asked again.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at him before turning around to open the window of the room, "You don't have to worry about him. He will not do-"

"Did you report him to the police?", he cut her off as he tried to get off of the bed.

"What?", Chaeyoung turned around and saw him touching his bandaged stomach with a little wince of pain heard. "Jungkook, I told you to stay in bed!", she rushed back to him as she carefully pushed him to sit on the bed.