sorry

For a whole week after the incident with Jihyo at the dormitory building, Jungkook had tried everything he can to make up with Chaeyoung only to fail every attempt he had. He tried to greet her at the school hallway but she would run away to the opposite direction. He tried to sit at her favourite table at the corner in the cafeteria only to be left and she never had lunch there anymore the next day. He tried to go to the library to find her but she would tell the librarian that he was pestering her to get him dispelled from the library. He did not give up but when the new week came and it was Monday, Chaeyoung finally could sigh in relief at the end of the day for not seeing him anywhere in her sight.

On Tuesday, Chaeyoung walked into the hallway to her class with ease of mind. After the first period of class, she went out for a toilet break before the second period that day began. When she came back into the class, she was shocked to see Jungkook sitting at the back of her class with a smile as he saw her.

"Ms Park, get to your seat, young lady.", she flinched as her Chemistry teacher arrived to the class.

"Okay. Sorry, Mrs Kim.", she walked to her seat which luckily was the most front and not anywhere near Jungkook.

For the whole two hours of Chemistry class, Chaeyoung could not focus on what Mrs Kim Goeun was teaching in front of her. She was thinking of why Jungkook was in her class and how he did not get scolded or anything for it. Jaehyun was even welcoming him and asked him to sit in front with him which just made Chaeyoung even more tensed up as Jaehyun's table were just behind hers.

Jungkook did not seem to speak much, he only opened his mouth when Mrs Kim asked if he understands what she was teaching in the class.

"Okay, everyone. That's all for today. Make sure to do your homework, it's due next week before we do a final revision for the midterm.", Mrs Kim said before she dismissed the class.

Chaeyoung cleaned up her table as fast as she can before she stood up to leave the class. A few students had already walked out and she bumped into someone on her way to the door. Her water tumbler fell off to the ground making a thud before a little shriek beside her made her panic.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Ji-", she went silent as she looked up to face Jihyo.

"It's Jihyo, Park Chaeyoung. You don't know me?", Jihyo said as she took a step back, moving away from the other students who were going out of the class.

"I- I know. I'm sorry, Jihyo.", Chaeyoung said again with her eyes looking down to the ground.

"Hi, Chaeyoung.", Jungkook's voice made her frozen in place.

She could feel there were eyes on her and Jungkook who was now standing beside her. There was someone else beside him too.

"Oh, Jungkook. You know Chaeyoung?", Jaehyun asked.

Chaeyoung tried to look up only to be glared at by Jihyo who was crossing her arms before she looked at Jungkook.

"Yeah, Jungkook. You know Chaeyoung?", she asked him the same question as Jaehyun.

"Her brother's my friend. We met outside of school.", Jungkook told them.

"I see. Oh, well then. Chaeyoung, want to join us for lunch?", Jaehyun asked with a smile.

Chaeyoung shook her head instantly, "I have something to do. Excuse me, please."

She quickly walked out of the classroom leaving the three students behind.

"Oh, Jae. I forgot Eunwoo asked me to help him at the gym. I can't join you for lunch. Sorry.", Jungkook excused himself too, careful of them as he made his way out to chase after Chaeyoung.