party

"Chaeyoung, I have to go now but before I go, remember what I say. Don't do anything illegal at the party, okay, honey?", her mother reminded her on the phone.

Chaeyoung chuckled before replying, "Okay, mom. Dad said the same thing this morning before he left for the airport. I told him I'll text him every 10 minutes if he's worried."

It was her mother's turn to giggle, "It's okay. I'll tell him to not worry, we're celebrating our anniversary anyway. We shouldn't have to worry about anything, don't we?"

Chaeyoung nodded, "Yes, you guys should enjoy your belated anniversary. Make oppa and my money worth it to enjoy the day together there."

After that, they bid goodbye to each other and Chaeyoung began to check her wardrobe on what to wear for Jungkook's birthday party that night. Her father has gone to Jeju with the flight ticket sponsored by her and Jimin to meet their mother for their 45th wedding anniversary. It was only her left at home that Saturday morning as Jimin was on his own business trip for a week in Japan.

"What should I wear?", Chaeyoung touched her lips as she was observing the variety of clothes hung in the wardrobe.

💝

Jungkook was singing along to the radio when he saw someone he recognised at the bus stop near the area of his house.

"Hyung, stop the car.", he said to the man beside him.

"What? Why?", the elder man asked.

"Just stop for a while, hyung.", he hit the shoulder of the man before the car is finally stopping at the roadside.

Then, Jungkook got out and walked to the bus stop.

"Chaeyoung?", he called her name.

She stopped before turning to see him slowly.

"Hey..", he looked at her from head to toe as he reached her. "You said your brother was going to send you.", he pointed to the bus that just left which he saw she got off from.

Chaeyoung looked at it too while nodding. She cannot let him know she lied. All these while when she went to his house, it was true that Jimin sent her but he only sent her to the bus stop as she said it was easier than he had to go through the guard post of Jungkook's housing area.

"Hi, Jungkook. Happy birthday.", she said as she was thinking how to explain that she took a bus this time to go to his house. "I didn't get to tell you I took a bus. My brother couldn't send me, it was last minute.", she said as she remembered the gift she brought in her hand. "Oh, here. Your birthday present.", she handed the gift box wrapped in black and gold papers to him.

"Thank you.", he replied as he took it from her.

"Jungkook, let's go! Your friends are waiting for you, man!", they were interrupted by the man waiting in the car.

Jungkook looked back and asked him to wait.

"Come with me, Chaeyoung. We're on our way to my house.", he said to Chaeyoung.

"Oh, it's okay. I'll walk and meet you there.", she politely declined.

"Come on...I can't let you walk there alone. Not when you're looking this good in this fit.", he told her as he looked at her in her blue denim jacket, black vintage shirt and black jeans that made her look mature and very different from how he usually saw her.