epilogue

The ticking of the wall clock was the only thing that accompanied Jungkook in the room at the moment. He could not keep staying still as the time passed while he waits in there. It was only a few minutes ago that he was accompanied by his parents and best friends but now he was alone.

It only meant one thing when he was left alone. The time was nearing. He will walk out the door and enter the hall. Then, he will watch his bride walking inside with her father escorting her to the aisle. He felt nervous just thinking about not to mess up the big day of their life.

As he waited to be called out of the room, he practiced slow dancing in front of the big mirror to make sure he did not step on Chaeyoung's dress or shoes again like when they practiced together few times before.

After a few turns while imagining Chaeyoung was dancing with him, he sighed before he went to the mirror while taking off his black shades. He looked at himself in the mirror and tried to take a deep breath to calm himself.

"Jeon Jungkook, relax. You can do this. You will not ruin-"

"Daddy!", the door opened suddenly revealing Kiara in her light peach dress walking inside to see him. She was laughing as she saw Jungkook panicky look as he put on his black shades again. "Daddy, it's just me.", the recently turned eight years old girl smiled as she reached her father.

Jungkook smiled while tapping her head lightly, "My sweetheart is so...pretty today."

Kiara smiled back, "Am I? How about my height?"

Jungkook frowned before realizing the black high boots she was wearing, "Who- is it from Uncle Jimin?"

Kiara who was already slightly taller than she was two years ago, shook her head to deny him.

"Then, who?"

"Aunty Lisa.", she said with a smile.

"Ah....that's the same then. Uncle Jimin and Aunty Lisa both love to spoil their one and only niece.", Jungkook pinched Kiara's cheek until she whined at him for ruining her makeup. "Aww...you're getting bigger now. It's fine, your face is still pretty, sweetheart.", he added as he gently stroked her cheek to make her smile at him.

"Daddy, I shouldn't be here actually but mummy asked me to check on you.", Kiara's words made him smile.

He brought Kiara to look at the mirror and let her stand in front of him, "I look good, isn't it?"

His daughter nodded before turning to him, "Yes, and she told me to tell you not to be nervous."

He shook his head, "Oh, no. I'm not."

"Promise?", she put up her pinky finger to him. "For mummy."

Jungkook giggled before linking their fingers together, "Mummy told you to do this?"

"Mm."

"Kiara!", Jimin barged in to the room with Lisa beside him. "It's time. We should go to our position now, honey.", Lisa added as her hand was gesturing to call Kiara out of the room. "Jungkook, they'll call you out soon. Be ready, man!", Jimin said before he got pulled away by Lisa and Kiara to leave Jungkook alone.

Jungkook just shook his head at his best friend before muttering to himself, "I've been ready for years, bro."

He smiled when he recalled the time Jimin came back to Seoul the next day after him and Chaeyoung to announce he is marrying Lisa to their parents. The sudden good news Jimin brought somehow made his plan to marry Chaeyoung to a later time which is now. He had to rearrange their wedding plan to give way for Jimin first as Chaeyoung too, felt it should be that way as Jimin was the first child in the family.