desperately

Jungkook woke up that morning with a spirited feeling he never had before. He was ecstatic and desperate. Ecstatic because he cannot wait to see his daughter again. Desperate because he could not find any other way to Chaeyoung except through the little girl.

After seeing her with Chaeyoung two days ago, he planned on how to get to know her and get close to her before he could brace himself to meet Chaeyoung again.

He was also out of time. Jimin will come back to see his sister in two weeks. He needed to make sure he meets Chaeyoung himself first before Jimin is here. He needed to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

💝

Kiara was waiting for her babysitter when she saw a man coughing just outside the gate of the preschool before he collapsed beside it. She looked around for help but there was nobody she could see nearby and she was afraid to leave the man alone to run inside to get her teacher. Being taught by her mother to help people in need however she can, she got an idea but she did not know if it would work.

She ran to the man that was asking for help with her bag.

"Help...help me..."

She got out of the gate and looked at the man who was leaning beside the gate.

"Help me.."

"Um...uncle. Here, have some water.", she handed him her water bottle.

Her mother always give her water when she gets sick and coughing.

She helped the man to drink as she can see him barely able to hold the water bottle by himself. She watched him drink until he shook his head, pushing away the bottle gently.

"Are you okay, uncle?", she asked him before she looked for something in her pocket. "Are you feeling better?", she added as she brought the handkerchief to his chin and wiped it after seeing him spilt some of the water he drank.

"Ye- yeah, I'm better.", he replied as he slowly straightened his body to sit on the chair beside where he fell.

"That's good then. I need to get back inside.", Kiara said before the man grabbed her hand.

"Wait. You...just helped me...Kiara.", she saw the man looked at her name tag. "Can I pay back with anything?", he asked her with a little smile.

She smiled back before shaking her head, "Mummy said we shouldn't expect anything in return when we help someone."

The man smiled to her words. He let go of her hand when he realised how it began to shake. He got down from the chair and extended his hand to her in a friendly manner.

"I'm not a bad person. My name is John. Uncle John.", he introduced himself to her.

"Hi, Uncle John.", Kiara replied as she exchanged greetings with him. "My name is...you already know.", she pointed to her name tag.

It made Jungkook smiled.

"Now, can Uncle John pay back to Kiara for her help earlier?", he asked her again.

Kiara held up her hand as if asking Jungkook to wait. She put her hand under her chin as she was thinking. Jungkook looked at her face in adoration as he realized how much she resembled her mother.

"Kiara! What are you doing out here? Oh god!", a yell coming to their direction made Jungkook aware of the situation so he quickly stood up to look at who was coming to them.

"Hannah! You're late!", Kiara said as she turned around to see the young lady that supposed to pick her up almost half an hour ago.

The lady named Hannah quickly crouched down and put her hands together in front of Kiara.