punishment

Chaeyoung felt miserable.

After Jungkook woke up and found out about his left eye, he did not stop crying and scolding himself for the things he did not commit in the past. He kept blaming himself for leaving Chaeyoung alone six years ago and that the blindness was his punishment for his wrongdoings towards her. Chaeyoung wanted to tell him the truth. Jimin too, but both of the siblings had decided to wait until he is stable to tell him the truth.

It had been half of the day since Jungkook woke up and Chaeyoung had not seen him for most of it after he chased her away from his room. He was mad with himself that he did not want Chaeyoung to see him in his current condition. Jimin was also advised by the doctor to leave Jungkook alone until he calms down.

The situation made Jimin had to call Jungkook's parents to come and visit him. They did not have a choice and did not know any other way than trying to reach his parents. Chaeyoung was nervous about it especially when Jimin said they will be coming soon to see Jungkook.

When Chaeyoung was alone sitting at the chair in front of Jungkook's room, she was startled by a light touch on her right shoulder which made her look up in shock.

"Chaeyoung?", there were tears in the eyes of the woman in front of her.

Chaeyoung was unable to say a word to see the older woman wiping her tears away, especially when her husband came along from behind.

"Chaeyoung, Jungkook's tutor?", her husband asked.

Chaeyoung could see the smile on her face. It was similar to the time they met six years ago at the mansion.

"Yes, she is. How are you, Chaeyoung?", Jeon Jihyun asked as Chaeyoung stood up to properly greet them.

"Mrs Jeon-"

"It's Aunt Jihyun, honey..", the elder lady pulled her in for a gentle, loving hug like a mother to her own daughter. "Did you forget me, hm?", Jihyun asked as she stepped back and held Chaeyoung's face softly with a warm smile.

"Oh, I...I'm sorry, auntie. It's been a long time.", Chaeyoung was going to hit her head like she used to before but she was stopped midair.

Her eyes looked at Jungkook's father, Jeon Woohyuk. He was smiling as he took her hand and moved it down to her side.

"You're really that kid.", he stated with a chuckle.

"That kid?", Chaeyoung asked softly.

Jihyun elbowed her husband slightly, "She's not a kid anymore, Woohyuk."

"I know..I'm just reminded of that time she came to our house. She hit herself too, you remember it, right?", Woohyuk replied.

"Yeah, you said she's cute for our son. Wait- our son, Jungkook, where is he, Chaeyoung?", Jungkook's mother just realized what she and her husband were at the hospital for.

"Mr Jeon, Mrs Jeon?", Jimin came to stand beside Chaeyoung before bowing to the old couple in front of them. "I'm Jimin, Jungkook's friend. The one that called you here.", he introduced himself.

Even though he and Jungkook had been friends for a while, he never officially met his parents and he never knew the actual identity of Jungkook's family until a few months ago. He had a thought that Jungkook was not an ordinary person like he said he was and he never bothered to check his background until the incident at Chaeyoung's apartment.

"Oh, it's you. His boss, isn't it?", Woohyuk asked as he extended his hand to the young man.

Jimin quickly accepted the handshake and nodded, "You..know me?"