can we be

"You are such a lucky man, Mr Jeon.", the doctor who came to check on Jungkook's eye condition said as he was writing on his chart.

"Sorry?", he asked.

The doctor smiled, "Your girlfriend, Ms Park. She hasn't left since you got admitted two days ago. She's a keeper, I'd say."

Jungkook nodded quietly as he got what the doctor meant. He looked at the bed where he can see Chaeyoung's figure covered fully by the blanket from her head to toe. He wondered if she went back to sleep or she was just pretending to sleep under the blanket.

"Anyway, Mr Jeon, I've checked everything needed. For now, we will monitor your eye for a few days more. If everything is alright, we will take off the bandage tomorrow and you might need to stay for at least two days so you can adjust to the changes before we allow you to go home.", the doctor said as he handed his chart to the nurse that accompanied him.

"Oh, okay, doctor. Thank you.", Jungkook replied.

"Okay, then. If there's anything, you can look for me or Ms Hayley.", the doctor said as he pointed to his nurse.

Ms Hayley looked at Jungkook with a small smile, "I'll be back here with your breakfast, Mr Jeon."

Jungkook's face beamed as he raised his hand to tell the nurse something.

"Yes?"

"I just wanted to ask. What...is the menu for my breakfast?", he asked the nurse.

Ms Hayley responded, "A tray of sandwich with sliced potatoes, a bowl of oatmeal and a strawberry yogurt."

"Oh, can I ask for an extra tray of the same menu?", he asked again.

The nurse and the doctor looked at each other.

"It's for my girlfriend..", Jungkook pointed his hand to the back where the bed is.

Ms Hayley and Dr Owens laughed a little to him while he was slightly startled by the finger pinch he felt on his back.

"Sure, Mr Jeon. Is that all?", the nurse asked back.

Jungkook nodded, "Yeah, thank you."

He watched as they left him and Chaeyoung alone in the room again. When he turned around, he was startled again when Chaeyoung suddenly shoved the blanket away revealing her face looking at him with a glare. He was going to ask her if she is okay before she got up with her arms crossed.

"When did I become your girlfriend?", she asked him with her deep voice.

He smiled, "You don't remember?"

Chaeyoung frowned, "Remember what?"

He sat beside her and imitated her from last night which was just five hours ago, "Can we be us now, Jungkook?"

He smiled at her as he added, "You said that. Remember?"

Chaeyoung giggled, "You didn't answer me though."

"I...yeah, I didn't get to answer it because you fell asleep on my shoulder.", he replied.

She smiled at him, "Okay, then. I'll ask you again. Can we...be us, Jungkook?"

Jungkook's right eye gazed at her eyes endearingly in silent. She fixed her eyes on him back as she waited for his answer. He seemed to get lost into her soul that he did not blink or even speak a word to her for a half of a minute they were staring at each other. She did not moved until she saw him getting closer to her.

"Jungkoo-"

His eye was looking at her lips and she knew what will happen next if not because of the door that creaked interrupting their moment.