i need you

It was a late night which was quiet and peaceful as usual at the hospital. All the rooms were in a dim light and all the staff were working calmly as the late night was the only time that the hospital usually is not busy like in the daytime. Doctors were able to take a rest after a long day at work, patients were sleeping soundly, and visitors were not around during the late hour.

Even though the patients were assumed to be resting and mostly sleeping, there was one patient that did not get to do that in the dark hours. He was tossing left and right too many times on his bed. His stomach was fighting against his will to force himself to sleep. He was starving and he could not sleep.

And when there were supposed to be no visitors at that time, there was one visitor on the other side of the room sleeping on the chairs in front of it. Her face looked tired but she seemed comfortable sleeping there despite the fact that her back will surely be sore in the morning. She was staying and she will not leave until she gets to see him again.

In the room 411 at 2 in the morning, Jungkook huffed and sighed a few times as he tried hard to ignore his grumbling stomach to go to sleep. He had eaten some apples that was brought by his parents early that day but they were not enough to fill his hunger. He knew he needed something heavy to eat but he was not sure if he could ask for it at that hour.

After a while of mulling over whether to go out of the room and ask for help from the nurse, he finally got up and went to the door to look for food by himself. He can no longer hold the starve and he did not think of anything else than food at that hour. Even the fact that Chaeyoung was waiting for him the whole day did not cross his mind anymore.

He needed food.

When he pushed open the door, it made a tiny creaking sound and he stepped out to look around the hallway with no expectation of seeing anyone. In a second, he regretted stepping out and looking around. He saw Chaeyoung lying down on her side on the chairs in front of his room.

He quickly moved back and closed the door.

"Is there no visiting hour here?", he looked annoyed as he walked back to his bed.

With his hunger still unsatiated, he tried to think of how to get food without having to pass the door and see Chaeyoung again.

"Hyung!", he thought of asking Jimin before he extended his hand to reach for his phone on the bedside table.

While doing so, he heard the sound of the door creaking like when he opened it earlier. The shock of hearing it made him panic before his body lied down on his side as he pretended to sleep. It could be whoever to check on him but his instinct was strong that it was Chaeyoung and she might have woke up because of the door earlier.

He did not want to see her. Not yet. Not now.

He wished that she would leave him alone. She should not see him in this state. He did not want her to pity him.

"Jungkook...", she started talking to him. "I don't know if I'm being delusional or not...but I can feel you're not really sleeping right now.", he could feel the bed drooped a little on the side he was facing. "Until when are you going to avoid me, Jungkook?", she asked as she rested her head on her hands. "I don't know why you're avoiding me but I'm not going to leave you.", she added softly. "Please don't chase me away again.", her voice wavered a little.

Jungkook remained icy until he heard Chaeyoung was sniffling in front of him. Was she crying? He could not help from wondering about it so he opened his right eye little by little to look at her.

She was crying surely.

"You should be home with Kiara.", he said as he gently took her hand that was wiping away her tears from her face.

She looked at him as she pulled his hand towards her face. She kissed his knuckles with a tear threatening to leave her eye. She did not care anymore of how she looked like under the dim light of the room. All she cared was that Jungkook finally looked at her and spoke with her.

She smiled when Jungkook wiped her tears with his thumb.

"Your eyes are swollen.", he stated.

"I know."

"You should go home, Chaeyoung."

She put her head on the bed before she pulled his arm to lay on her cheek, "I will go home with you, Jungkook."

"Who's taking care of Kiara at home?", he asked.

He missed Kiara but he could not stop thinking the fear on Kiara's face when she saw his eye got injured in the accident.

Chaeyoung raised her head and smiled at him, "Your parents. They're at my house with our daughter."

"They've met her?", he asked.

"Jimin oppa took them there.", she replied.

"You didn't leave the hospital at all?", he wondered how she could stay there even after he chased her away a day ago.

Chaeyoung shook her head.

"How can I leave you alone here...I need you..and I know even if you don't say it, you need me too, Jungkook.", she took his hand and kissed the knuckles even longer this time.

He did not moved as he watched her silently. She looked calm but he knew she must be tired inside. He should not have avoided her at the first place. His father might be right, she had forgiven him if ever he did her wrong. If not, why would she stay there all day waiting for him?

He was going to speak but then, his stomach grumbled so loud that it made Chaeyoung laughed at the sudden noise.

"Look at you starving this late.", she got up and looked at the mini fridge to see if he got any food stored inside only to find some apples and grapes left in there.

Jungkook sat up to watch her, "I was going to call Jimin hyung earlier to bring me something heavy."

Chaeyoung turned to him with a smile before she reached for her phone in her pocket. He looked at what she was going to do and she went to sit next to him on the bed to show what she was going to do.

"Let's not wake him up.", she said as she opened the online food delivery application on her phone.

"You can get food delivered at this hour?", Jungkook asked innocently.

Chaeyoung smiled softly at him, "There's a 24 hour restaurant but I'm sorry it's not Korean food."

He looked at the chicken parmigiana that she tapped to buy on the application, "Ooh, that looks delicious."

"And...let's add a mushroom soup?", she looked at him for approval.

"Alright."

And just like that, she ordered the food online for him.

"But wait..how can you get the food here? I mean...is it allowed?", Jungkook just remembered that they were in a hospital and it may not be easy to get outside food inside the compound.

"How do you think I can stay here even after the visiting hour ended?", she asked him back.

Jungkook's face showed clueless expression, "How do you..."

"I have some friends working here and they made sure I didn't cause a problem so I can stay here with you.", Chaeyoung revealed to him.

"Oh."

"And...now I have to leave you for a while. I need to see them to make sure I can get your food here.", she said as she got up from the bed. "Can I use the bathroom for a while? I need to wash my face.", she asked him as she pointed to the bathroom.

Jungkook nodded, "Sure."

She thanked him as she walked inside and closed the door. He smiled knowing that she was still helping him even in her fatigued state. And the fact that she did not even say it made him feel guilty for avoiding her.

"I really do need you here.", he realized just how much he loved her at that moment.

💝

I separated the chapters into two because it's too long to me. Enjoy it. 😉