sunshine

The sound coming from Jungkook's phone woke him up from his sleep that morning. He tried to move to take it before he remembered he had someone beside him on the bed. He opened his eyes wider and looked at the sleeping lady beside him.

Chaeyoung seemed to be deep in her sleep as she was not woken up by his phone ringing sound. Slowly and carefully, Jungkook tried to stretch his right arm to reach the bedside table. Her head was resting on his left arm so he did not want to disturb her sleep if he moved too much.

When he got his phone, he saw Hannah's name on the screen.

"Hello.", he answered in a whisper as he picked up the call.

"Hello, Jungkook. How's Chaeyoung? Is she with you?", the young Australian next-door asked.

Jungkook looked at Chaeyoung beside him, "Uh, yeah. Why?"

"Oh, I actually have somewhere to go later afternoon so I wanted to send Kiara back to her. I just don't know where she is and remember you called me last night so-"

"I can take her. I'm just next-door,  Hannah.", Jungkook cut her off.

"O-oh...you're at Chaeyoung's place?", Hannah asked.

"Um...yeah..."

"Oooohhh"

"Uh, it's not like what you think, Hannah. When are you sending Kiara back?", he stopped her from teasing him.

Hannah laughed, "If you're next-door, I'll send her now. She had breakfast already but she wanted to take a shower. I didn't have kids' clothes here so-"

"Okay, uh, just give me 2 minutes. I'll be at your door.", Jungkook replied as he saw Chaeyoung moved a little bit closer to him. "Sorry, 5 minutes. Give me 5 minutes.", he corrected himself.

"Okay, take your time. I'll wait.", Hannah said before she ended the call.

Jungkook put his phone away and tried to wake Chaeyoung up. His first attempt by calling her name was a failure. She did not hear him. He tried calling her name again while touching her shoulder to get her attention. When his hand touched her skin a few times, he realized how warm her temperature  has been.

He used the back of his hand to touch her forehead.

"God, Chaeyoung, you're sick.", he said as he took her hand.

She was not shivering like last night but he can feel her temperature was quite high.

"Chaeyoung, hey...wake up. Uh...what should I do? Meds, I need to get meds for you.", he got up from the bed and went to the bathroom to wash his face.

He let the door opened as he watched her while brushing his teeth and freshen up his face. When he was done, he came back to her side as he saw her opening her eyes to see him.

"Jungkook..where are you going?", she asked him.

"I'm not going anywhere. You just stay here. You have fever. Don't move so much, okay?", he replied as he sat down on the floor beside her.

"Hm..my head is dizzy.", Chaeyoung expressed quietly.

"Yeah, I need to get you meds. Do you keep any at home, Chaeyoung?", he asked as he put his hands on both sides of her forehead before he started massaging it slowly.

Chaeyoung hummed in return, "It's...in the kitchen. In the cabinet beside the fridge."

Jungkook stopped massaging her and stood up, "I'll go for a minute to take it, okay?"

"Okay."

💝

Jungkook was at the wardrobe when he saw Chaeyoung turned to look at him. He had given her a simple French toast and milk before she had her medication an hour ago. He told her that he will take Kiara from Hannah and that she should just stay resting in bed for the day.