Chapter Thirty-Six: Not Yet

"They're the worst!" I grunted, taking the huge bowl of strawberry ice cream that Adam prepared for me, "I can't believe him."

My mother who was sitting on the other couch hummed in acknowledgement to my complain as she kept nodding, listening intently so that I could vent my annoyance properly, "I mean, he's only been dating her for less than a year, and now he's picking her beside me."

"Want me to beat her up?" Axel asked jokingly as he pulled the blanket we were sharing closer to him.

When I looked around, we look like a support group that has gathered in my living room. After we got home, I immediately called my mom to tell her everything that happened and at the same time, Axel came over to see if I was alright. We ended up turning on a movie that was now muted and talked about the fiasco.

"I think Soph's already got that cover," Adam chuckled, mentioning the whole cat fight I did with her.

"But are you fine?" mom inquired, her voice filled with concern.

Nodding my head, I presented her with a smile, "I'm alright."

"So what are you going to do now?" Axel questioned, getting my spoon from my hand to get some of my ice cream. I sent him a glare before he cheekily scooped some and placed it inside of his mouth. Nobody touches my ice cream!

Taking the spoon from him, I dipped it in the melting part before I flicked it towards him, allowing a few splotches of the sweet treat to fall on his face. I gave him a tight lipped smile, before proceeding to eat my ice cream, "Easy, I'm canceling the wedding."

"You've finally had enough?" mom asked and I nodded. I've been patient and I've been played around like a toy - those two should remember that playing people around is my job, not theirs. Especially Kate, oh I just want to shave off her head the next time I see her.

I'm a sadistic little bitch because I really want her to burn more beyond the wedding cancelation.

Eyeing the camera that laying on the coffee table in front of all of us, I bent forward to get it, taking out the memory card, "Too bad I wouldn't be able to use this."

"Who says?" Adam smirked, standing up to get his laptop, "We could still use some of the footage."

"Of what?" I inquired, before continuing with a sarcastic tone, "Of me almost killing Kate?"

Adam hooked up the memory card to the laptop and played the video. It started off with us entering the room, but we could only hear our voices since that was the time that I was still hiding it. Soon enough, it found its place on the drawer where I placed it in so now it had a perfect angle for the most part of the room.

When Adam and dad left, that was when I was close to shutting my eyes. I could hear it clearly, the way Kate said that my father loved her more than me and mom. That was my berserk button, after those words were uttered from her mouth, I lost all of my logical thinking and the only thing that was running in my mind was the pure desire to get rid of her.

"Go get her!" Axel cheered on as if he was watching a MMA fight on TV, pumping his fist when he watched me lunging for her, "Punch her!"

Lifting up a hand, I hit him upside the head, causing him to stop. He turned to me, giving me questioning look, "This isn't a boxing match."

Rolling his eyes playfully, he turned back to the screen. We were now at the time when I snatched the phone from her. I couldn't help but laugh when I smashed the pillow to her face, now that I was no longer experiencing the pain, this was quite entertaining to watch.

"You said that you couldn't use this clip," Axel muttered, getting the laptop from the table with Adam's permission, "You're a celebrity, what's the one thing we've learned from the media?"