Chapter Seven: Goodbye Temper

“Wake up!” I yelled, barging into Adam’s room. He only groaned a few incoherent words before he proceeded to grab his pillow and her buried his face with it, attempting to block out my voice.

I rolled my eyes at him before I shook him with all my might, “Adam Nicholas, get your ass out of bed!”

With a very childish tone he said, “No.”

I should have remembered that Adam was not the biggest morning person. He used to be always late for school because he’ll sleep in. I thought he grew out of it since he’s older but right now, I proved my theory wrong. Jet lag finally left his body and he was now treating the time zone like it was normal for him.

I think I liked him better when he woke up at one in the morning. I’m already running late as it is and I don’t need him to delay me any longer.

Grabbing the vase on his bedside table, I pulled out the flowers before dumping all of the water onto him. Just as expected, he shot right up with the change of temperature.

“Hey!” he yelled, jumping right out of the wet sheets.

Placing the vase back down on the table with the flowers, I gave him a tight lip smile, “We leave in fifteen minutes,” and with that, I spun on my heel and I went out of his room.

Adam was walking at such a sluggish pace; I tapped my foot impatiently on the floor as I watched him drag his body to where I was standing. I really love this boy but I have a tight schedule to follow.

I practically dragged him to my car and just as I expected, he dozed off on the passenger seat while I drove to our first destination.

I had a radio interview, followed by another table read for the new movie then a luncheon with my record company. After that, I have a few hours off before I got to the studio to record new songs before I go to dinner with my mother.

And they said being famous was easy.

The radio station came into view and shook Adam until he woke up. We got off and since my best friend loved his sleep so much, I was running late.

Just as always, the interview went well for the first half. Since that little slip up, I should have expected some question pertaining to Adam. It didn’t help that I arrived to the station with him right next to me.

“So about this boy…” the interviewer trailed off and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

“He’s my best friend,” I replied sweetly, my voice directed to the foam mic in front of me, “He’s visiting here for the summer.”

“Is he really just a friend?” he pressed on, attempting to squeeze some information about him. I may have feelings for him but I just won’t bawl it out to the whole world like this.

“Yes, he’s like a brother to me,” a complete and utter lie. What is this, incest?

When I finally finished, I walked to the break room where Adam was making use of the game console placed in there. I tried to get him away with it but you just don’t touch a guy playing Call Of Duty.

So even with Taylor’s repeated calls and messages, I used every ounce of patience that I have to wait until Adam was finished with his stupid game.

 I was getting annoyed but when he yelled out in triumph before he turned to me with a toothy grin like a child receiving a present, I couldn’t help but forgive him.

“You’re late,” Taylor scolded when I met up with her in the building.

It was our last table read before we finally started filming. This time, we’ll have the full cast without, unlike the first time when it was only the leads which were Axel and I.