Chapter Fourteen: Brownies

I slapped Axel right across the cheek, it produced a louder sound than what I expected. Good, just the way I like it.

He flinched at the force that I applied and I mentally smirked as I saw a bit of pain on his face. Tears were streaming down my face as I morphed my expression into a one of hurt and anger.

“Why did you do this to me?” I screeched at his face, “I thought that you actually cared for me!”

He stepped forward and grabbed my shoulders, forcing me to look right into his eyes, “I do!”

His hold of me was weak, I shook his hand away as I began to move backwards, “Don’t ever go near me again,” I scowled, finally running away from him.

“Cut!” the director yelled, clapping at the both of us, “That was amazing!”

I grinned as I wiped the fake tears from my face, Adam handed me a tissue to blow my nose that became red as I forced the emotions through my system.

“Good job,” he commented, looking at the scene in front of us.

I’ve became more accustomed to the overall production of the movie. I got used to acting like I’m nice to Axel on camera, but I’m going to say that I felt extremely satisfied when I did that slap.

“That was the last scene for the day,” I breathed out, “You ready to head back?”

Since it was Friday, my mother will be coming over for our traditional dinner together. For the past weeks, Adam accompanied us and he provided a good distraction for my mother. She was clearly saddened by my father’s engagement and every time she comes to visit, she looks like she’s going to break down any minute.

If it wasn’t for my best friend who continued his efforts to make her laugh, she will just curl up into a ball and cry her eyes out.

A crew member approached me and told me that George wanted to talk to the Axel and I. Nodding right at her, I dragged Adam to where George was standing with Axel by his side.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were getting married?” he questioned, the side of his eyes crinkling as his smile grew bigger.

What?

George handed Axel and I a magazine that had us on the front cover. It was a very clear shot of Axel carrying me bridal style into the Forever and Always store.

Hollywood’s Royal Wedding Coming Soon

Somebody going to die with this.

Adam gaped at the cover, taking it from my hands, “When did this happen?”

“I’m more surprised by the fact that we never thought such a rumor will appear,” Axel commented, staring at the picture.

Carrying me into a bridal store wasn’t exactly the brightest idea now that you think of it. I’m just dreading at the huge effort we’re going to do just to tone down those rumors.

It was bad enough that everybody was pairing me with Axel, now it’s just horrible that they’re thinking that we’re getting married.

“Do you think Taylor and Marcus have seen this yet?”

Those two we’re both attending their individual affairs, resulting to the rare occasion that they’re not present at set today. They’re going to be stressed out if they realized that another gossip about Axel and I erupted.

“So that’s why I’ve received so many missed calls from my family,” Axel stated, finally figuring out the mystery.

George finally decoded that Axel and I are not – and never will be – engaged. He frowned in disappointment, snatching the magazine from Adam’s hand, “I thought you two would get together.”