Chapter Six: Crazy Fans

“This is absolute torture,” I gritted out in anger, crossing my arms over my chest as I stared at my father and Kate who was seated on the both across from me.

Dad gave me a warning look but I simply ignored it, sipping my mug of coffee as I proceeded to shoot dirty looks over at their direction. Adam was awkwardly fidgeting next to me, completely troubled on how to get out of this tricky situation.

“Well this had been fun,” I muttered sarcastically, grabbing my purse to get up from my seat.

“Sophia,” dad stopped my movements, “Sit back down.”

Sighing, I slumped on my chair as I tugged at the collar of my coat. Ever since the interview, people were trying to get at least a bit of talk from me. I would practically disguise myself every single day just so I could do the normal things in life. Even right now, I’m sitting inside a warm café with a thick coat wrapped around my body while the blazing California sun shone outside.

I would be surprise if people still thought that I was normal.

“Why do I have to do this?” I groaned, flipping through the piles of wedding brochures on the table. I was a hairline away from ripping each one of them.

They were planning the perfect wedding and in order to do that, they needed a wedding planner. They thought that I would just wave a magic wand and offer them the best ones in town.

Yeah right, like I would help plan a wedding of my father to a girl I despise. I’m not even sure if I’ll be attending the wedding, maybe I can make Taylor schedule an interview so I would have excuse not to go.

“How about this?” Kate asked, her eyes sparkling as she browsed through one of the brochures. Great, she finally found one, which meant that I can leave now.

Dad leaned to peek over the pictures and advertisements before nodding in approval.

“Great,” I grinned a bittersweet smile, “Can I go?”

Another dirty look came from my father and just like before, I ignored it like flopped celebrity.

“Do you know this planner, Sophia?” he asked, his voice was threateningly calm. Oh how much has changed, the last time he used that on me, I was scared shitless. Now? It bore me to the bone.

Kate handed me the brochure and the words Forever and Always Bridal was scribbled in a cursive font at the top. It was a famous wedding planner, giving most high profile people living in LA the most lavish ceremonies. From the cake to the dress, everything was utter perfection and I was invited to a few weddings that they planned to say that they’re one of the best in the business. The only bad thing about them is that they’re way ahead of time and not-so-subtly hinted that they would love  to be part of the wedding of the Hollywood Prince and Princess.

Just the thought made me want throw up everything that I ate.

“Yeah,” I confirmed, “They’re highly recommended by many.”

Kate smiled at this and she turned to father that she wanted Forever and Always to plan their wedding. Of course, my father became the love sick puppy that he is and said yes to whatever his dear fiancé asked of him.

I looked away because the scene was too painful to watch. I felt Adam take my hand from under the table and gave it a tight supporting squeeze. He knew that deep inside this anger I was feeling, I was depressed that my dad was finally giving up on my mother.

“Can you contact them for us Sophia?” dad asked and that was when I finally cracked. Did he even asked himself about that?

I stood up without saying anything. I slapped enough money to cover my part of the bill before I marched out of the café.