Chapter Seventeen: I Wish

“What’s with the face, Valentine?” Axel asked, leaning against the wall next to me.

Staring at the script in my hand, I groaned in frustration. Not only can I look at Adam the whole day last Sunday because of my thoughts to tell him, but I have no idea how to do so.

Throwing my head back, I lowered the script, my eyes settling on Axel, “Can I ask you something?”

Jamming his hands in his pocket, he shrugged, “Shoot.”

Pushing myself against the wall, I walked in front of him before taking a deep breath, “Imagine if you like this one special person but you’re too afraid to tell that someone.”

He froze but he only gestured for me to continue. I took his reaction as a sign that he can relate, maybe he has somebody he likes. Good, he knows where I’m going to come from.

“Just because you have this relationship that has been going on for years, and you two have gotten so used to it that you’re afraid to break it.”

He looked shock, but he nodded, “I feel the same way.”

So he does have somebody that he likes! I’ll push the investigations about this later, but right now, I need answers on how to tell Adam. Getting something from a man’s perspective would be extremely helpful.

“Great,” I grinned, “Glad I’m not the only one who knows the feeling of being in something one-sided.”

“How long have you felt this way?” he asked and I titled my head to the side.

I thought he knew for a long time that I liked Adam.

“For too long,” I replied vaguely, shaking my head at myself. Now I need to ask myself a question, how long have I been in love with my best friend?

His breath hitched and I assumed that he was thinking of scenarios on what advice he can tell me. I just hope he’s going to give out a decent suggestion.

“Is it my turn to say something?” he questioned and I gestured for him to go on.

He nodded, taking a deep breath before he stared right at into my eyes, “Let’s go on a date, Valentine.”

“Great,” I nodded before I allowed the words to register inside my head.

What the hell?

“What did you say?” I gaped, registering his words.

Did he really just asked me if I wanted to go out with him?

Before he could even start to explain himself, George started to call us for our scene. Turning to him with a puzzled look, I gave him a silent warning that we were not over this conversation.

He gave us careful instructions, positioning our bodies to a perfect angle for the camera to capture our ever move as clearly as it can. The director showed us an example on how the scene should turn out, and when we gave a nod of understanding, they positioned themselves beside the camera.

Patting my hair and sucking a deep breath, I waited for the director’s signal before I started acting, with a yell of, “Action,” it was game time.

“Collin,” I called out softly, Axel slowly turned to me, “What will you do if I started to love another?”

He slowly approached me, placing his hands on my shoulders, “I will always love you, even if your heart is no longer mine,” he let out, so much sincerity in his voice. Even if he was a jerk, I admit that he’s a good actor.

I have this ounce of respect for him to say that he really earned the title of Hollywood’s Prince. He knows how to click specific emotions whenever he was told to do so, he acted well with his fans, and his voice is spectacular even in live concerts.