Ch 5 - Escape?

(SHORT CHAPTER SORRY!)

"Ahem. It is now morning time! Go eat, socialize, kill your peers, you know the deal! Have funnn!"

I was already awake. I was staring at the ceiling of the room. I had been awake for a few minutes before the announcement, but had been unable to move because...well.

"Ngh...Youre awake Eraser?"

Pencil rubbed her eyes, moving off of me. I sighed.

After the trial, I had been comforting Pencil in her room before she had fell asleep on me. I soon had fell asleep too.

"Yeah, its officially morning. We should get something to eat." I said. Pencil nodded as she sat up and stretched her arms.

We began to walk to the cafeteria in silence. It was nice...peace and quiet after another trial. I looked down as I walked. When would we escape this place...how much time had we been wasting in here.

I wonder how the outside world was doing. Had anybody been searching for us? Or had we been forgotten...

As we entered the cafeteria, waiting for us was David and Ruby and Flower. They seemed to had just finished eating.

Pencil waved hello as Ruby and Flower went to talk with her.

Pencil grabbed a sandwich from the fridge and waved goodbye to me as she was going to go hand out with the girls.

I returned to goodbye, not realizing I was left with David.

I sat down with a bowl of cereal on the opposite side of the room as David. We both tried to avoid eye contact, but kept catching eachother looking at one another.

Finally David sighed as he got up to walk over to me. He sat at my table and cleared his throat to get my attention.

"Look Eraser...I-I want this to stop as much as you do." He spoke. I raised my eyebrow. "I mean the killing game, this entrapment, but mainly the tension between us"

I could only muster out one word.

"Why?"

David looked to the side. "Well...who knows how long well still be here, or who will die next. Theres no point of having enemies here...except for Leafy and Two of course. With us being stuck here for possibly forever, I want to just be friends with everyone...look Ive been near death. Hell, I was dead. But im here now and I just want to live my life. We shouldnt let tuis game decide how our life ends. We should decide it ourselves. Do you get me? Lets...just put our differences asides and try to be friends."

I had stopped eating the second he started talking. I was in deep thought....but a smile crept across my face.

"I agree. Lets...be friends." I smirked. We shook hands, signifying our new found friendship.

Together, we went to go find the girls. We ended up near the science lab. Where we heard something unexpected.

"Please Golfball, Just-just let me in! I want to help you!" Tennisball pleaded. He had been on the verge of tears, and his voice was pitchy and shaky.

"No Tennisball! This is MY mission. I need YOU to just BACK OFF!" Golfball yelled through the door.

Tennisball was taken aback. He started to get angry. "ALL IVE DONE IS TRY TO HELP YOU! I JUST- I JUST WANT TO KEEP YOU SAFE!"