Ch 5-Escape? - Snowy Stories

cold

I opened my eyes quickly as I felt a large sneeze blow out of my nose. It was so powerful it almost made me lose balance in the tree.

I used my forearm to rub the snot off my face. I why was I sneezing? Why was it so cold all of a sudden.

Just yesterday it still felt like spring. That was the season when we entered the school afterall.

As I slowly and carefully lowered myself to the ground, the cause of the sudden chill was clear to me.

Snow. A light coat of snow now covered the ground. Not too thick at all, I think it barely covered a half of my pinky. But still, this was unheard of. It was so unautral for this to happen in spring.

I decided to think more about the topic a while later as I heard Snowball waking up.

He didnt seem to be affected by the snow all that much at all. Likely due to the fact that he worked around it. As he dropped down though he also shared the same questions as I did.

"Woah...whats up with the snow...this is way out of season." He sighed as he stretched.

I nodded. "Not to mention its gonna be even tougher to find the city or even more food. I dont even wanna think about fire."

Snowball brushed some snow off his shoulder.

"Maybe we should find the others..." Snowball suggested.

I was surprised. I didnt think he out of all people would be keen to find the others.

He stared at my blankly. "Stop gjving me that look dickhead. Im just saying, we don't know whats up with the temperature and the climate. For all we know there could be more wild animals like bears in here. Its just logical for us to find someone else just in case. Strength in numbers, yknow?" He explained.

I thought for a second, but then agreed.

"Well...shouldnt we head off then?" I asked. Snowball nodded, he then pulled out a pocket knife and started carving in a tree. I raised my eyebrow.

"So we can remember where we move. Incase we get lost."

Before he could finish carving, we heard something...or someone.

We both looked at the noise and then at eachother. I picked up a sturdy branch as he brandished his knife. We didnt know what exactly was coming towards us, but we needed to be prepared to fight for our lives.

As the bushes began to rustle more, we quickly realized it wasnt just one person, but multiple, maybe 3-4. Atleast that meant it wasnt Two.

Finally the figures stepped out of the bush. Me and Snowball let out a mixture of groans and sighs of relief. It was just our friends.

Ruby, David, Tennisball and Rocky all entered our little 'home'.

"Snowball! Eraser! Youre alive!" Ruby exclaimed as the 4 came to hug us.

"Nice to see you guys too..." I groaned as I tried to shove Rocky and Ruby off of me.

"Have you guys seen anyone else?" Snowball asked. Solemn expressions spread across the faces of the 4.

"We...we did see Woody. He was originally with us." Tennisball chocked out. I felt a pit drop in my stomach.