Chapter 6 - Endgame - Trial pt1

Prepare for some fast paced shit (sorry)

"Its about time for us to be begin. I trust you all know how to carry this out." Two muttered, slamming his gavel and initiating the trial.

"Shall we start with Alibis...those interest me the most." David stated.

"I can vouch for me and Ruby" Flower spoke. "We havent left eachothers side."

Ruby nodded. "Weve been staying away from danger recently."

I raised my hand. "Same for me and David. We havent left eachother in days."

"You could say the same for me and Pencil...well mostly." Coiny muttered.

I sighed. "Alibis will get us nowhere it seems. We need to focus on the hard evidence of the case."

After a brief moment of silence, Pencil began to speak. "How about how exactly they died. We can assume they died similarly I guess."

"Well there werent exactly any external wounds...and they are in a lab, so Id definitely say poison." Ruby deduced. "But me and Flower couldn't match the stuff on the ground to anything in the lab...so Its likely someone made the poison themselves."

I stood silent.

"Well, that would be right in any other scenario, except for this one. As I have some information predating the murder."

Everyone turned to me. David nodded, agreeing that we should share the information.

"Golfball had been spending all her time in the lab working on a certain experiment. She didnt tell me much but...it may be the key to solving this case."

I grunted as I tried to remember what she said.

"The purple liquid we found at the seem was her experiment. Therefore I-"

"Thats it."

"Im done being your puppet One."

We all turned to Two, confused. His sudden choice of words confused everybody.

"This has gone on too long...and to think I was gonna let everything youve done slide under the radar."

Two began to walk down to the podium.

"This mystery doesnt matter yet, Id like to discuss the matter of the mastermind instead." Two took his place at a empty podium.

"B-but why?" Pencil muttered.

Two looked at Snowball before grunting.

"I am no puppet to be used for someone's experiment . I am the all powerful Two, the number who single handily almost destroyed this world with my own two hands. Not some slum who lets his younger sibling boss him around. Younger sibling and lackey should I add."

"Younger sibling....you mean..." I covered my mouth

"One of my siblings who survived the war went on to capture my soul...and have forced me to run this experiment, of course they werent alone...but that much I cannot tell you." Two sighed. "Id Immediately be erased if I did...so please, save all of us my students"