Chapter 6 - Endgame - Normality 2

"Gooood morning my murderous students. It is about 8 am. I have prepared a luxurious breakfast ceremony that you ALL must attend. I have a...announcement to make."

I groaned as the intercom shut off.

It had been almost 2 days since the book events happened, and I was no closer to figuring anything out at all.

Me, Golfball, Snowball and David had done our best to cover everything up as we didnt know who else to trust. We eventually decided we would inform everyone at a group meeting.

As I walked to the cafeteria, I ran into Pencil. We hadnt talked much since the last trial...

"Pencil! Hey." I yelled as I ran over to her.

She looked at my briefly but then looked down.

"Everything alright Pencil? Do you wanna sit down and talk somewhere private." I raised my eyebrow.

She shook her head.

"Look Eraser...Im gonna be blunt here. We-we cant do this anymore. I dont know what has blossomed between us but it has to stop now. Any close relationship either of us form here just and up in shambles....its best we distance ourselves to stop any harmful emotional damage from occurring." She quickly said.

I was taken aback. "But-I thought we-Pencil please..."

"Eraser I love you okay! But I cant lose anyone close to me again! Not after Match, not after Bubble, I JUST CANT." She let out a cry.

I stood silent as she slowly walked away.

My mind was blurry, I couldn't think. But still my body moved forward to the cafeteria.

"Looks like Mr. one hander has finally arrived. Now we can begin!" Two smiled as he floated himself onto a table in the center of us.

"I have something you all need to know....Time is running out here." Two looked dead serious.

"Look...you all have been on the right path, but still it seems some of you have no real incentive to investigate or murder. So Ill give you one."

We all paid close attention to him.

"If you all can discover the secret of this game in the next upcoming trial, while also unveiling the mastermind and traitors, Ill let you all run free, even the killer of that trial."

I sat up in shock.

"S-so...you could've just done this all along then?! Instead of giving us the chance to end all of this you just keep letting us watch our peers suffer and die!?"  I screamed.

Tennisball stood up. "You...YOUR WORSE THEN WHAT I ALREADY THOUGHT OF YOU...YOU A TORTURING US FOR NO REASON!"

Two sighed. "Its not like I want to do this... its obviously the Masterminds doing dumbasses." Two smiled. "Im just...lets say a supervisor. Thats all."