Ch 5 Abnormality - Blood in the snow

The sounds of cars quickly flying past me, causing wind to blow me back.

I rolled my eyes. I truly hated being in the city. But it wasnt like I had much of a choice anyways.

I slowly began my ascent up to my apartment. The elevator in the complex was still broken, but it had been that way since I moved here.

As I finally reached my apartment, I fished in my bag for the key. Finally I found it.

Opening the door, I was met with my same old minimal place. It was hard to earn enough money to get me through school, feed myself, and furnish my apartment. So i just prioritized the essentials.

But that would all change today, wouldnt it?

The landlord downstairs did say he was going to have a few other move in with me to help with the circumstances and such.

He also said that they....

Would have experienced things similar to my past....

"Eraser! ERASER!"

I was shaken awake by the voice of TennisBall screaming at me.

I groaned as I slowly sat up. "What is it dude....?"

Tennisball looked a mess. His fur was unkept and he seemed on the edge of a nervous breakdown.

"I-I cant find Ruby, Rocky, David OR Leafy!" He cried.

"Woah woah woah! Im sure they're find dude! They may have just went to scout ahead!" I tried to reason. He shook his head.

"Thats not the only thing..." Tennisball nervously sat up and looked around, causing me to do the same.

Then I realized.

"Holy shit..." Were the only words I could mumble.

The landscape had changed. The once dead and snow filled plants and trees were now green and healthy.

"W-where the fuck are we TB!" I screamed, finally fully waking up.

"Thats the thing! Our entire camp is still intact! Its just that the season has changed unexpectedly!" He explained.

We quickly decided to grab the essentials and everybody else who was with us and run away from the area...but that only caused more chaos.

"Are these...cherry blossom trees!?" Tb exclaimed. I looked to where he was. He was right. A valley of cherry blossom trees stood ahead of us.

"Woah, but I thought this species of trees were foreign to Goinky?!" Snowball grunted. "This is fucking weird. Screw waiting, we need to get off this campus NOW!"

We all agreed as we pushed on.

As we continued, we soon passed into another area of snow. It was much thicker then the snow we had before, but we could see another seasonal change ahead, so we decided to push on.

Until I felt something come between me and the ground, causing me to trip.

The group paused to see what happened to me.

I looked to my left to see what tripped me when I saw them.

Rocky and Ruby. They were huddled together looking lifeless. Snow had been falling on their bodys and covering them up, thus why I couldnt see them before.

"What the hell! Are they...." Tennisball couldnt finish his sentence.

I went to check their pulse and shook my head. "Theyre alive....but very cold."

TennisBall crouched down. "I-Ill stay here to make a fire! You two go on ahead! Hopefully some warmth will wake them up."

Me and Snowball nodded as we continued on. We passed many weird areas and seasons, until we reached the end.

"No. Fucking. Way." Snowball groaned.

I was lost for words. We were back in a snowy biome. But what met us were mountains.

"You dont think....that these mountains surround the entire campus..." I nervously laughed.

Snowball yelled, kicking a tree.

From out of the tree flew Vultures. Meaning that not only did the seasons change but also the animals that inhabited the areas.

"We should try following around the edge of the mountains, we would have to find a exit then!" I suggested.

We did as I said, walking for a couple minutes around the edge. We then noticed as the trees started to get fewer and fewer. Until we found a clearing in the snow.

And a gruesome sight awaited us.

"D-david!?" Snowball muttered in shock.

David didnt turn to us. He just started at Leafys lifeless body. He still had his fists balled with the blood of Leafy smothered on his knuckles.

"Wait-you dont think Two knows about this!?" I turned to Snowball.

In a instant, my question was answered.

"Uh oh! A body has been discovered. Even without my control you all have found a way to continue the game!

*sniff* You all make me so proud!

Youll have a bit of extended time to investigate due to the vast area of the murder. Good luck and remember that the trials will only get harder as we ho on!"

I felt myself succumb to a hard sweat.

We never really escaped, huh. We were always under his control.

"David...buddy, talk to me, PLEASE!" Snowball pleaded. He seemed so emotionally distraught, nothing like the tough guy personality he always kept on around us.

David slowly turned his head towards Snowball.

He then opened his mouth slowly.

"I did it again, didnt I?"

———

HEYYY. Sorry for the short chapter but just wanted to make sure yall know the book isn't cancelled just been stressing with stuff but we good now!

Next chapter will be investigation. It may be a long one though.

Try to guess rhe killer!