000: Princess

𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐄𝐀 𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐁𝐘 stood in front of her mother, Annie Clifton, and her step father, William Watson, her body shaking as she plucked up the courage to ask them

"Mother," Chelsea started, "my father comes back from war today. I was wondering if we could go and see him. My Nanny Pol said it's alright and said that she'll be waiting for me. I get to see Finn aswell."

"Finn?" Annie said, slamming her newspaper down on the table and looking at her daughter, "That idiotic brother of your fathers? Last time he came round here, he wouldn't stop running around the house."

"I know." Chelsea nodded, "But, I can stay with them for as long as I wish. And if you ever need me back, I'm sure I'll find my way back home."

"And who's gonna clean the house when you're gone, eh?" William jumped in, "Who's gonna do my dinners, hmm?"

"I-ehm- I don't know. It will only be for a short amount of time, I promise."

Annie and William looked down at each other, "Fine." William said, "But, you'll be back sooner then you think, they'll regret asking you to come. They'll realise how much of a pain you are and send you back."

Chelsea nodded, "Thank you."

"Now, I'll call you a car." Annie said, "Pack your things and get out."

And Chelsea did as her mother said, never in her life had she ever felt more excited. She was finally leaving her city of Oxfordshire and going to Birmingham.

She would get to see Finn, she would get to see Polly, she would get to see John and Arthur and get to see Ada.

But most of all, she would get to see her father.

Tommy first went away for war in 1914 and in that year, Chelsea was only five years old, now she was nine. Those four years had been complete torture, never knowing when her dad could die or when he could get severely injured.

But now that torment was over, her dad was living and healthy, her uncles were living and healthy and everyone was just fine.

Her car that her mother had called for her had just pulled up at Watery Lane, in Small Heath, Birmingham.

Chelsea hopped out of the car and the man rolled down the window as Chelsea knocked.

"Thank you, sir." Chelsea said, her cheesy smile coming out, "It was a lovely trip."

The man laughed and shook his head, "Go on, kid. It's on me, no need to pay."

Chelsea squealed and turned around, skipping down the lane excitedly.

Just then, she saw a house in the road opened as a tall and confident woman emerged from the door, her posture perfectly straight and a serious expression.