012: Like Father Like daughter

Chelsea walked down the stairs and into the living room, expecting her dad to be sat there like usual with two pieces of toast ready for his daughter.

But instead, Chelsea was met by a slamming door, the last thing she saw was Tommy whipping his cap from the coat stand and walking out of the house.

She looked down at the table and in fact there was two pieces of toast, followed by a cup of water with a note that said, "Doing business. Don't leave the house. be back soon."

Chelsea read the note over and over again, her dad doing business without telling her? Leaving in such a rush without her?

Something was clearly wrong. And Chelsea wasn't going to wait around to find out.

She ran back up the stairs, pulled her blue dress that was decorated with a black bow in the centre, wore knee high socks and a pair of black strap-on shoes, covered with a knee length black buttoned up coat.

She pulled her hair up into a pony tail and decorated it with a blue ribbon before she finally set out of the house, making sure she said good-bye to ScudBoat and headed down to The Garrison.

Chelsea had no idea if Tommy would even be in The Garrison but she knew that that was the most likely place his business would take place, and if she didn't find him there, she would surely find him in Charlie's Yard.

Outside of the Garrison, stood three woman accompanied by four men, all of them getting quite too touchy for Chelsea's liking.

"Ahhh." one man said who was buried in one of the lady's neck, "It's the Shelby girl."

All seven of them turned around and seemed to fix themselves up from their smitten state. They all bowed their head and the fourth man made his way over to Chelsea.

"Beautiful girl." he spoke, taking Chelsea's hand, "Beautiful dress you have there. And the bow, really ties everything together."

Chelsea smiled at the man, showing her appreciation from his kindness, "Thank you. And you are wearing a fantastic suit. If you don't mind, I do have to go now."

"Why don't you stay?" he said, not releasing her hand.

"What are you playing at?" one of the other men shouted, walking forward and dragging the man away, "They'll all come after you and cut you and your family. Our apologies, Miss Shelby. Go on with your day as you wish."

"It's no trouble."

Chelsea made her way into the Garrison, thankful to get away from the seven strangers that obviously had some wrong intentions with her.

Grace gasped and jumped away from the snug window from behind the bar where she had previously pressed her ear against.

Chelsea stared at Grace for a few moments before letting out a little chuckle, "Are you spying on their meeting?"

"No- I- what- Of course not-"

"Don't lie." Chelsea said, running around the bar and behind it, standing next to Grace, "Come on, lift me onto the bar. I want to listen too."

Grace smiled at the girl before picking her up, carrying her over to the private window and placed her down on the bar, both of the two girls pressing their heads against the glass.

"Now, as you might know, most of the paint shop there is Irish." one man spoke, Chelsea not recognising his voice one bit, "Big, old place like that, rumours get started."

"Rumours that there was a robbery." Another man spoke, his thick Irish accent pulling through.

"Robbery of what?" Chelsea lightened up a bit when she heard her dads voice, as calm as usual.