017: The Loss

Tommy stood beside the waterfall outside of Arrows House, Arthur stood beside him and watched him.

"Tom, talk to me." Arthur said, although he was hardly paying attention to Tommy, all he could think about was Chelsea.

"Maybe I found him." Tommy said, his voice cracking, "The man I can't defeat."

"Mosley?" Arthur asked.

Tommy closed his eyes and shook his head, "I don't know. I don't fucking know. It doesn't make sense."

"Let's go inside." Arthur said, clearing his throat, "Talk it out. Have a drink."

"I need to walk." Tommy said, turning around and leaving Arthur stood in the centre of the driveway, "Not Chelsea." Tommy repeated to himself, "Not Chelsea."

He continued walking until he was in the middle of the fields, the fog surrounding him as his mind went crazy. Different voices in his head telling him that his daughter was dead, somewhere that he couldn't get to, crying out for him but he wasn't there for her.

"It's done, Tommy."

Tommy looked up and saw Grace, standing there looking as beautiful as the day he met her. WS this a sign, was Chelsea going to appear next to her and tell him to come and join them and they could be together like they had been once before?

"The works all done." Grace repeated, "We can walk away from all this. It's so easy. It's so soft. Such a small change. You can be with Chelsea again. We can be a family. . .like we used to be."

Tommys hand dug into his pocket and he let out a roar before he pressed the gun, saw Chelsea's blue eyes, her brown hair and her sweet smile before he pulled the trigger.

Nothing happened. The bullet didn't leave the gun. Tommy fell to his knees before his body fell weak and his face hit the ground.

Lizzie emerged from the fog and stood over him, "Arthur took the bullets out on the way back. He said you kept stopping off at the roads to throw up. You're not even a soldier anymore, Tommy. You didn't check your weapon. You're not a soldier, you're a coward. I heard you pull the trigger. Leaving your family behind without a goodbye. If you still need a way out, here are six of them."

Lizzie dropped the bullets onto the mud, shook her head in disappointment and walked off.

"Dad!"

Tommy closed his eyes. It had started. He was hallucinating his daughter. The hallucinations of Grace he could handle, they hurt, but they were manageable. But seeing his daughter, he couldn't handle that. He wouldn't.

He brought himself back to his knees, picked up the mud covered bullet and placed it into his gun before he pressed it to his head again and prepared to pull the trigger.

The sound of footsteps made him stop, until he heard the mud squelch in front of him and felt a small warm hand hold the gun.

"Don't do it, dad." a girl whispered, her other hand cupping his mud covered cheek, "I need you with me. I need your help."

Slowly, Tommy opened his eyes and his heart swelled with emotion. Chelsea knelt in front of him, blood dripping from a gash in her eyebrow, her lip cut and multiple wounds supported her chest. But she was here. In front of him. Breathing.

"Chelsea?" Tommy whispered.

Chelsea nodded and slowly brought the gun away from his head, "What are you doing, dad?"

Tommy shook his head, "I-I thought you were gone. I didn't want to-I couldn't be here if you were dead."

"I'm not dead." Chelsea said, a sad smile filling her face, "I'm alive. I know i've said some stupid stuff about not wanting to be here, but i've got so much to live for and so have you. You've got three children who need you. A wife who loves you. A brother who will never leave your side. I've got a dad who would die for me, two Uncles who would kill for me, I have Polly, Ada, Lizzie, Johnny Dogs and Isaiah. And now I've been gifted with the chance of having a baby boy."

𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐁𝐘 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara