004: Wonderful

As soon as Tommy and Chelsea arrived back home to Water Lane, Tommy sat Chelsea down in the kitchen and pressed a damp cloth to her wound.

"I want you to tell me what happened. I want you to tell me their names and how it happened, got it?" Tommy said.

Chelsea began, she told Tommy the girls last names and told him what they had said, when they had said it but she couldn't come up with a reason to why they have said it.

"That's all I need to know." Tommy said, plunging his hands into his pockets and standing up, "Go on down to The Garrison, Harry will keep you company whilst I'm out."

Chelsea didn't hesitate to run out of the house and down the road, she didn't stop running until she reached The Garrison doors. She pushed them open and let herself in.

"My word." A blonde beautiful woman said with a thick Irish accent, "What happened, child?"

Chelsea coughed awkwardly and pressed a hand to her head that supported a major headache, "Wh-where's Harry?"

The woman hurried around to Chelsea and knelt down, "I'm the new barmaid, Harry will be here soon. My names Grace, could you tell me your name?"

"My names Chelsea." Chelsea croaked, "Chelsea Polly Shelby. My dad sent me down here to speak to Harry, I got hit today at school and he thought that Harry could cheer me up. If I'm being honest, I don't really want to talk to him, I want to talk to my dad."

"Well, I'm sure your dad will be back soon, how about you go and find a seat and I'll bring over some food and a drink, how's that sound?"

"That sounds great." Chelsea smiled, she had a warm feeling inside her and she instantly knew that this woman was a nice woman.

A while later, Grace had handed Chelsea a piece of paper and some random crayons which she used to draw a picture wick contained her dad, Thomas Shelby, holding a sword to a large three-headed dragon as he held Chelsea in his arm, protecting her.

Grace chuckled at the picture and seemed highly amused, absorbed by this girls cuteness, she desired to know more about the girls life.

"My Uncles say if any stranger asks personal questions then I have permission to kick them in the plums. But. . .I don't think you have those, do you?"

Grace chuckled, "No, darling, I don't."

Twenty minutes later, Tom Shelby came barging into the snug, his Peaky Blinder cap sat in its usual position on his head, one hand tucked into his trouser pockets, the other swaying at his side.

Chelsea's smile suddenly dropped when she saw the look on her dads face, something had happened, something that had made him angry.

"Dad, this isn't about those girls is it?" Chelsea asked apprehensively, "If it is, it's okay I'll just speak to my teacher about it."

"No. . .no." Tommy said, waving his free hand in the air, "I've sorted that. Get your things."

He pulled open the two wooden planks that were connected to the bar, their own personal place to get served quicker.

Grace walked over, and out the corner of eye, Chelsea could see Tommys face change as he looked at the flawless woman that stood behind the bar, waiting to serve him.

"I need a bottle of rum." Tommy said, regaining himself quickly.

"Grace, what ever it is, it's on the house." Harry muttered over Grace's shoulder.

"A whole bottle?"

"Yeah." Tommy nodded.

"White or dark rum?"