002: Birthday

Chelsea slept soundly in her bed, her arms tucked beside her as her head rested on her pillow.

And then, her peaceful sleep was disturbed when Finn came running into her room, slamming the door open and jumping on top of Chelsea.

"Chelsea! Chelsea! Chelsea!" Finn shouted, punching Chelsea gently in the stomach but with enough power to wake her up, "It's our birthday!"

"Oh, Finn." Chelsea sighed, sitting herself up and moving over when Finn jumped beside her, "Why are you waking me up?"

"Didn't you hear me?" Finn shouted again, "It's our birthday!"

Chelsea's sleepy eyes instantly widened, her whole body posture changed. She grabbed Finn's hand and dragged both herself and him out of bed.

"It's our birthday!" Chelsea screamed.

Chelsea loved the fact that she and Finn had been born on the same day, to her it just made their friendship and their bond feel even more special, like they were destined to be best friends.

"Yeah!" exclaimed Finn, both of the children both jumping about, "It's our fucking birthday, Chelsea!"

"AH!" Chelsea shouted, she and Finn instantly took of out of her bedroom and sprinted down the stairs.

They whipped into the sitting room and both of their faces fell into disappointment when they saw not one of their family members sitting their waiting for them. The room was quiet and abandoned.

"Where are they?" Finn asked, "It's our birthday. They should be up!"

"I'm not sure." Chelsea shrugged, she ran over to the window and peaked out, seeing that it was in fact the middle of the day, "They should be up, it's mid-day."

"Maybe they're at the pub." Finn suggested.

And straight after he had thrown a pair of shoes at Chelsea, he took her hand and raced her out of their house. Chelsea kept one hand clamped down on her boots and the other tied with Finn's.

When they got to The Garrison, Finn wasted no time in pushing the doors open and bursting through. And when they did, the whole pub erupted into cheers and claps.

Tommy, Polly, Arthur, John and Ada slowly made their way through the crowd and smiled at the two young children before them, "Happy birthday, my loves." Polly smiled.

Finn ran up and hugged Polly and the rest all patted Finn on the back but Chelsea stood their, staring at her dad.

"Happy birthday, Princess." Tommy whispered, he walked forward and kneeled in front of her, "I got you a little something."

"Dad, you didn't have to." Chelsea said, pushing the box away that her dad was trying to hand to her, "No, you mustn't have."

"Chelsea." Tommy said slowly, "Open the box."

Chelsea stared at her dad for a few more seconds before snatching the box from him and opening it.

Once she had opened it, a locket lay before her. A beautiful golden locket.

"Open it." Tommy smirked.

Chelsea slowly opened the locket and inside she saw a photo of Tommy and Chelsea. Chelsea sat on Tommy's knee, a huge smile on her face, laughing at her dad tickling her.

Tommy looked down at the girl, a grin also on his face when he saw his daughter showing her beautiful smile.

"Dad. . ." Chelsea breathed, "I can't accept this."

"You don't like it?"

"No! No! No!" Chelsea shouted, shutting down her fathers idea, "I love it! I mean, it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life. But it's just. . .too much."